KOA Campgrounds are pet-friendly and welcome our guests who enjoy traveling and sharing their camping experience with the family dog and/or cat. However, to ensure all of our guests have a safe and enjoyable time, it is important that you read and abide by the following KOA pet policy:
- Aggressive dogs of any breed are not welcome at any KOA. If your dog shows behavior that is protective and unfriendly to strangers, please leave them home. If you decide to bring your dog and it exhibits
this type of behavior, the owner or management of the KOA will ask you to please ?nd other camping accommodations.
- While KOA does not explicitly prohibit any breed of dogs, KOA Campgrounds are individually owned and operated, and some campgrounds may have policies against accepting certain breeds that have been identi?ed by our major insurance provider as having a history of unfriendly and aggressive behavior to other dogs and humans. These breeds are Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes, Rottweilers, and Dobermans.
- All pets are required to be under the control and visual observation of their owner at all times. A 6’ (six foot) leash rule is in e?ect whenever the animal is outside the owner’s camping trailer,
vehicle, cabin, or motorhome. No pet should be left tied up and unattended outside the owner’s camping equipment.
- Allowing your pet to bark uncontrollably day or night will not be permitted and you may be asked to leave if you are not able to control your pet’s barking behavior.
- Pet rules unique to the location will be addressed at time of reservation or registration. We encourage all dog owners to call in advance to inquire about any speci?c rules that might apply to their situation. Some KOA campgrounds do not allow pets in their Camping Cabins or have limited availability of pet units for rent. Please call in to inquire about availability for you and your pet.
- Service dogs of any breed are welcome at all KOA campgrounds. However, these animals must follow leash restraint policies and may not exhibit aggressive behavior.
Kampgrounds of America Inc. Photograph