General Campground Information
Our Mission Statement
Check-In and Check-Out Times
Note: No after hours arrival for tent sites possible. Reservations for tent sites not having arrived when office closes, will be canceled and fully refunded.
If you have a reservation and arrive after closing, you will find your Guest Service Guide with your name and site number clipped on the right side of our night registration area next to the campground office & store. The guide will provide you with directions to your campsite and a map of our campground that shows you where all of the guest services areas are as well as bathroom access codes and WiFi login information. Please be considerate among other campers when arriving late.
The next morning, please stop by our campground office to complete registration.
NOTE: no late arrivals for tent sites after office hours possible. Reservations that have not arrived by the time the office closes, will be cancelled and fully refunded.
GUESTS WITHOUT RESERVATIONS:
If you do not have a reservation, you can use our self-check-in on the left side of the night registration area, next to the campground office door. Please follow instructions and make sure not to proceed into the campground until you have completed all steps, including selecting one of the available sites and dropping the completed registration envelope into the red drop box.
Please be considerate among other campers when arriving late. The next morning, please stop by our campground office to complete registration.
NOTE: no after hours self registration for tent sites available.
- Main season from mid-June through early August: 8 am to 9 pm
- Spring Season from mid-May through mid-June: 9 am to 7 pm
- Fall Season from early August through mid-September: 9 am to 7 pm
Please note that rolls of quarters for our 24/7 laundry are only available for purchase during office hours.
If you need immediate assistance in urgent matters, there will be an after-hours contact phone printed in your guest guide, which you will receive at check-in.
By entering this selected KOA campground, you voluntarily assume all risks of exposure to the COVID-19 virus. If you need to cancel your reservation, you must call our campground before the deadlines listed below to receive your deposit refund, minus a $10 cancellation fee. Not calling to cancel/no show will result in forfeiture of the entire deposit.
RV & Tent Sites: 48 hours cancellation notice is required. Notify us by 6 p.m. two days before your scheduled arrival.
Cancellations made after deadlines will result in forfeiture of all deposits.
Reservations made after these deadlines require nonrefundable deposits.
Pets in the Park
- Pets must be kept contained or on a leash at all times. This also applies while sitting on your patio/porch outside the RV.
- Maximum a total of 3 pets per RV or tent site are allowed.
- It is allowed to put up a small, temporary pet fence at your site, but an adult must always be present - pets can not be left unattended outside the RV.
- When in the K9 park, please be with your pet the entire time and follow the posted K9 park rules.
- Pets must be kept quiet. We love having a quiet, peaceful atmosphere here at Fairbanks/Chena River KOA for our guests. If you are planning on leaving your dog in your RV all day, they must stay quiet. If they can't stay quiet, we will ask you to take your dog with you on your adventures or to a puppy daycare in town.
- Pet waste must be picked up. We ask that you immediately pick up after your pet. We have several dog stations around our campground, so there should be one conveniently close to your location.
TV STATIONS / CABLE
Satellite TV may be available if you have a pop-up dish. The Dome satellites are unable to connect at our location.
A small 2 - 3 person tent is allowed at an extra fee on our Deluxe RV Sites. Otherwise, tents are not allowed on RV sites.
For open floor screen enclosures, please see the corresponding section.
- No tents on any site, except designated tent sites, and small 2 - 3 person tent at additional fee on Deluxe RV sites
- Open floor screen enclosure is ok for up to 7 days on same spot. If staying longer, please move enclosure to a new position
- No carpets/rugs on any grass
- If you are staying more than 7 days, we will have to mow your site and will reach out to schedule, so you can have personal items moved aside
RV & Car Wash and Repairs
No repairs or maintenance may be performed on any of your vehicles and trailers on any RV site other than by hired local repair mechanics (welding, RV repair, mobile glass repair, etc.). If you have urgent maintenance or repair work you need to perform on your vehicle, please inquire at our campground office about an area on our property.
Same as with repairs, no washing of any vehicles is allowed on any RV site. On the West side of the campground office, we offer a free RV/Car wash area with a couple of hoses/sprayers to use. Please bring your own buckets, sponges, cleaning detergent, etc.
Propane and Snack Items
Meet Your Hosts
The Interior of Alaska is a "Must-Do / Must-See" adventure while visiting the Last Frontier. Words don't describe - it is truly a different world.We have been RV campers for many years and visited many places. After having moved from Switzerland and settled in the USA with our two daughters, we owned and operated a motel in Moab, Utah. A few years later we decided to set foot in the campground business and took over our first campground - a KOA in North Eastern Utah. A few years later we were ready for a new adventure - never had we thought that it would be in Alaska. One day my wife came across a not very prominent sales listing and asked me, "how about an RV park in North Pole, Alaska?". I said "no way" that is way up there - even though we always wanted to go and experience Alaska someday. It seemed like that "someday" was "today"... We still gave it some thoughts and the more we started to look at this opportunity, the more we got hooked and just had to make it happen. While we face some different challenges in the Last Frontier, we are proud to own such a great piece of Alaskan property at a beautiful location, making it a great camping experience for our guests.