Chicago Northwest KOA Holiday Recreation
We hope you’ll join us for planned activities each Saturday. Every week we are choosing a few, taking the weather and time of year into account!
This is a list of some of our most popular activities:
- Scavenger Hunt: fill your souvenir jar for a chance to win a prize!
- Gem Mining Demonstration: learn about crystal panning - for all ages!
- Tie Dye Fun: create your personal hat, socks, t-shirts and more
- Hay Wagon Rides and Glow Ride adventures!
- All-You-Can-Eat Ice Cream Social
- Dodge Ball: join us for the hilarious parents vs kids game!
- All time favorite for young and old: our weekly Bingo game
- Frozen T-shirt Contest: need to see it to believe it!
- Flashlight Candy Hunt: don't forget your flashlight! You don't want to miss this!
- New in 2023: weekly Duck Race (starts on the Memorial Day Weekend): all proceeds go towards KOA Care Camps for Kids with Cancer!
- 50/50 Raffle: all proceeds go towards KOA Care Camps
Ice Cream Socials
"All You Can Eat" ice cream for $4 per person! During the summer months we offer our very popular Ice Cream Socials. Build your own sundaes topped with syrup and sprinkles!
Enjoy old fashioned free hay wagon rides on weekends during the summer months.
Join the summer fun!
Who doesn't love Bingo? Play one card or as many as you like. We play Bingo on select weekends from Memorial Weekend through Labor Day weekend. Come and join in on the fun.
Flashlight Candy Hunt
No child is too young or too old to join the candy hunt! Bring your flashlight and spread out by the fence near the jump pad! Plenty of candy for all!
Polar Plunge/Pool Games/Frozen T-shirt contest
Our bravest campers young and old come together for a Polar Plunge during the early pool season. They are being sponsored by their family members and friends. Everybody wins a price! All benefits go towards Care Camps for kids with cancer!
Our frozen T-shirt contests will take place on the hottest long summer weekends!
Ever wondered how dinosaurs, unicorns or chickens hatch? This short activity lets you take your egg home with you. It will take a little patience, but your new baby friend will be born to you soon!
Join our fundraising efforts for Care Camps! All benefits of this weekly raffle go towards helping families that have a child with cancer!
Tie Dye T-shirts
One of our most popular activities for all ages! We carry T-shirts, socks, hats and more for the whole family. How fun it is to wear you own unique souvenir clothing item to school, at home or when planning your next trip!
Create a gift for the person who took you camping!
Get creative with your glow stuff and meet in front of the store after dark!
The fastest duck wins a small prize! Proceeds go towards KOA Care Camps supporting families affected by childhood cancer!