Welcome to the Gateway to Central Valley
Ready to start your adventure? Welcome to Bakersfield, the Gateway to Central Valley, and the Country Music Capital of the West Coast. It's the perfect place to rest before you begin the next leg of your journey. At Bakersfield KOA Journey, we offer a wide range of amenities to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Our campsites feature full hook-ups for your RV and Wi-Fi. In addition to our campsites, we have a variety of amenities to make your stay even more enjoyable. Our campground features a swimming pool, hot tub, and playground for the kids. We also have a camp store stocked with all the essentials you might need during your stay. Spend some time at the pool, get a delicious meal at the Crest Bar & Grill restaurant on site, and enjoy Bakersfield's local charm! Make sure to visit the local breweries, restaurants and try the close hiking trails. Book your stay at Bakersfield KOA Journey today!
Ways to Stay in Bakersfield
Camping in Bakersfield, CA is an amazing way to explore the Central Valley and all that it has to offer. The region is known for its beautiful natural surroundings and parks, with opportunities for hiking, biking, and fishing in the nearby Sequoia National Forest and Kern River. In addition to the outdoor adventures, Bakersfield also has a thriving wine industry and a number of cultural attractions, including the California Living Museum and the Kern County Museum. Camp with your RV to fully immerse yourself in the Central California region, with the comfort and convenience of all the amenities you need right at your fingertips.
- RV Sites: Enjoy your RV site offering all the RV-friendly amenities you could wish for — including picnic tables, level padding, and great outdoor living space.
What to do Near Bakersfield KOA
During your adventure, make sure to stop at Bakersfield to experience the town's convenience and local charms. Some of the favorite attractions are the California Area Living Museum, Bakersfield Museum of Art, Buena Vista Museum of Natural History, Panorama Vista Preserve, and Sequoia National Forest. People enjoy local hiking trails such as Hart Park Trails, Panorama Park, and the trails in Panorama Vista Preserve and Sequoia National Forest. Some local restaurants are the Crest Bar and Grill, Locale Farm-to-Table Eatery, Pizz A Perfection, Sonder, Moo Creamery, and Sweet Bites N Ice.
- Visit the California Living Museum: This unique museum is home to over 100 species of native California animals, including mountain lions, bears, and bald eagles. In addition to animal exhibits, the museum also features a beautiful botanical garden.
- Explore the Kern River: The Kern River is a popular spot for rafting, kayaking, and fishing. Rent a raft or kayak from a local outfitter and spend the day on the water, or try your hand at catching some rainbow trout.
- Visit the Kern County Museum: This museum offers a fascinating look at the history of Kern County, from the indigenous peoples who lived here to the oil boom of the 20th century. Don't miss the outdoor Pioneer Village, which features authentic pioneer-era buildings.
- Go Wine Tasting: Bakersfield may not be as well-known as Napa or Sonoma, but it has its own thriving wine industry. Visit local wineries and taste some of the delicious wines produced in the region.
- Hike in the Sequoia National Forest: Just a short drive from Bakersfield, the Sequoia National Forest is home to some of the tallest trees in the world. Hike through the forest and marvel at the giant sequoia trees.
- Visit the Murray Family Farms: This family-owned farm offers tours and tastings of their olive oil, vinegar, and other products. Take a tour of the farm and learn about the process of producing olive oil, then sample some of their delicious products.
- Go Stargazing at the Kern River Valley Observatory: Located in the Sequoia National Forest, this observatory offers stargazing tours and workshops for all levels of experience.
- Visit the Bakersfield Museum of Art: This small museum features an impressive collection of modern and contemporary art, as well as rotating special exhibits.
- Take a stroll through the Kern River Parkway: This beautiful parkway runs along the Kern River and features walking and biking paths, picnic areas, and playgrounds. It's a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors.
Book Your Stay for the Best Camping in Bakersfield
Our convenient location, affordable camping, and amazing amenities make us the best place to camp in Bakersfield. Sites book up fast, so reserve your stay at Bakersfield KOA Journey today for the best selection! You may also call us at 800-562-4167.