General Campground Information
Check In & Check Out Times
- CHECK-IN: 2 pm (Additional fees may apply for check-ins before 2 pm.)
- CHECK-OUT: 12 pm (Additional fees may apply for check-outs after 12 pm.)
- AFTER HOURS: Guests may check-in any time after normal business hours utilizing our self-service desk. Look for signs posted at the front door.
General Rules & Regulations
- SITE OCCUPANCY: 2 adults and 3 children are permitted per site. Max 6 per site.
- SITE USE: Each site is limited to one camping unit.
- QUIET HOURS: 10 pm to 8 am
- SPEED LIMIT: 5 MPH
- TRASH: Please help us to keep our park clean! Do not litter. Use the trash containers provided at various locations throughout the campground.
- FIRES: Charcoal and wood fires are permitted in grills and designated areas only.
- WASTEWATER: In compliance with Virginia State Health Laws, dumping of wastewater on the ground is prohibited. (This includes sink water and stored water.)
- SITE CLEANLINESS: Please take all trash with you. Guests will be charged a clean-up fee for trash or debris left at the site after check-out.
- VISITORS: All visitors must register at the front desk and are subject to pay a visitor fee upon arrival.
- CHILDREN: Parents are responsible for the actions of their children at all times. Do not leave your children unattended on the premises without a responsible adult (age 18+).
- Pets are the owner's responsibility. If a pet is involved in an incident, the owner will be held responsible for any injuries or damages that occur.
- Owners must keep pets on a short leash of 6 feet or less and monitor their pet's activity.
- Pick up pet waste with a bag and put it in the trash can.
- Keep pets inside of RVs or camping units after dark.
- Keep pets out of buildings, playground, pavilion, and the pool area.
- Owners must show the pet's proof of current vaccination record upon request.
- Keep pets inside of RVs or camping units when you will be away from the site.
- Pets are not permitted in cabins.
- WARNING: NO LIFEGUARD IS ON DUTY IN THE POOL AREA. USE AND SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- No diving.
- An adult (age 18+) must supervise children 14 years of age and under.
- No rowdy behavior; no chicken fights; no running or diving.
- Enter the water feet first, facing forward.
- No food, drinks, or glass in the pool area.
- No rafts, kickboards, or large swim rings.
- No alcoholic beverages on the deck or in the pool.
- No smoking inside the fenced area.
- Bathing suits required.
- Please use disposable swim diapers on babies.
- Management reserves the right to restrict the use of any toy or behavior that management considers a hazard or safety concern.
- No fireworks.
- No cutting of any living trees or plants.
- No washing of RVs or vehicles.
- No generators running at any time.
- No horses or similar animals are allowed on the property.
- No bike riding, skateboarding, skating, or inline skating on sidewalks.
- No electric bikes or carts.
- Use of alcoholic beverages is restricted to your campsite only.
- Please do not take the brass fittings from the hose bibs. (They are backflow preventers required by VDH. They are not water pressure regulators.)
- ALL OTHER COMMON-SENSE RULES APPLY. ANYONE BREAKING THE RULES WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE WITHOUT A REFUND.
- Changes must be made at least 48 hours in advance of scheduled check-in time.
- Changes to reservation dates may vary according to availability.
- Prices may vary based on availability and are subject to change. We cannot guarantee the original rate booked will be honored when changes are made to your stay.
- To make changes to a reservation, please call during these hours: 9 am to 5 pm.
Payment Policy & KOA Reservation Cancellation Guidelines
- Guarantee your Campsite: To guarantee your campsite, a deposit equal to at least your first night will be charged to your credit card at the time you make your reservation. Make your online reservations anytime, day or night, at KOA.com. You'll receive a confirmation email from the campground once you complete your reservation.
- Need to Cancel? If you need to cancel your reservation, please call the campground before the deadlines listed below to receive your deposit refund, minus a $10 cancellation fee. Text and email notifications of cancellations are not acceptable.
- RV and Tent Sites: 48 hours cancellation notice is required. Notify your KOA by 4 pm two days before your scheduled arrival.
- Camping Cabins: 7 days cancellation notice required. Please notify your KOA one week before your scheduled arrival.
- Reservations made after these deadlines require nonrefundable deposits. Cancellations made after deadlines will result in forfeiture of all deposits.
- Holidays and special events may have special deposit and/or cancellation requirements.
- Special Conditions may apply during high-demand periods and special events. Please check with your selected KOA for details.
- Holiday Cancellations must be made at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled check-in time. Holiday cancellations will incur a $50 fee.
- This campground is privately owned. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. We will not be responsible for accidents, injuries, loss of property, and loss of valuables.
- The guest assumes all risks and dangers incidental to the activity of camping in a rustic outdoors environment, including specifically (but not exclusively) the danger of being injured by insects or other animals, of being injured while participating in recreational activities, such as hiking, swimming, or boating at Emporia Campground or of being injured as a result of inclement weather conditions, and agrees that the Emporia Campground and its owner, agents, and employees are not liable for injuries or property damages resulting from such causes.