Kamping and COVID-19 Guidelines
At Kampgrounds of America, our mission is connecting people to the outdoors and to each other. During these rapidly evolving times, connecting people to each other takes on new meaning. It revolves around the responsibility we have for the health of our employees, our campground owners, and you, our guest. Granite City KOA is encouraging a safe outdoor experience to combat and prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. In support of that initiative, our campground will offer:
- Check in at the office window.
- Staff trained and exhibiting safe and social distancing practices, to include the wearing of masks.
- Frequent sanitization of open common areas.
For those visiting us, until further notice, Granite City KOA will enforce the following rules and restrictions for the use of its private park during the COVID-19 epidemic. These parameters are being put in place to ensure the health and safety of our staff and our welcomed campers.
- All camping is by reservation only and limited to full hook-up sites. Campers will be spaced at a greater distance than that recommended by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and Illinois Department of Public Health.
- All recreational vehicles (pop-up, travel trailer, Fifth-Wheel, A class, B class and C class) will contain a fully operational bathroom facility to include a commode, sink, working shower and hot water.
- Campers with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should stay home or go home and not engage in any outdoor activity. Symptoms include the following:
- Fever of 100.4 or more
- Shortness of Breath
- Body Aches and Muscle Pain
- Sore Throat
- Loss of Taste and/or Smell
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Skin Rashes
Immediately notify the KOA office via phone or text if someone within your campsite is exhibiting symptoms during your stay and you will need to vacate your site earlier than anticipated.
- Campers are to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times from others, except for members of the same household.
- Campers are to wear masks when social distancing cannot be assured or when in a common area with other campers.
- Campers are to wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; if soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Campers should avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Groups (not of the same household) will be limited to 6 individuals in a campsite while practicing social distancing and/or wearing masks.
- The following common areas will be closed until further notice
- Camp Store
- Basketball Court
- Game Room
- Jumping pillow
- There is no tent camping or RV's without bathroom facilities permitted.
- Laundry is available to guests by appointment only
- Pet park use is limited to one family occupant at a time.
- Large group social gatherings of more than 6 non-household members are prohibited.
- NO VISITORS are allowed in the park this year. Only registered guest and employees will be allowed on these grounds.
The Granite City KOA owners and staff are diligently monitoring the situation and are actively working to ensure our campground takes all recommended precautions to ensure safe and healthy stays for all of our campers. We will continue to monitor the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health agencies for developments and guidance and, when warranted, the above rules and restrictions will be changed and/or removed.