- Motorcycle Clubs
- Planned Activities Available
- RV Clubs & Rallies
Lots to do & See in this beautiful region of Ontario. Hope you can join us for OUR 26th Season!
There are dozens of freshwater lakes within 10 minutes, including the world-renowned Georgian Bay. The various fish species include, small and large mouth bass, Northern Pike, Lake Trout, and Perch to name a few. Boat, motor and equipment rentals are available at marinas nearby. Canoe rentals are available at the campground.
Deer Run Golf Club - 18 hole championship course with a signature par-5 11th hole with an island green.
Seguin Valley Golf - located only 7 minutes from Parry sound KOA, 18 very unique holes
Parry Sound Golf and Country Club, 18 holes and includes driving range, 18 hole Delta Rocky Crest-Club Link, 18 hole. We will have a SWEET Deal with this golf course in 2015, ask us for details at the front desk.
Beaches and Waterfront
2 beautiful sandy beaches within 5 minutes, one has a free boat launch. The larger beach has a raft you can swim out to and docks you can fish or dive off of. Or simply, take a walk, ride, or swim along the picturesque Georgian Bay Waterfront Fitness Trail.
Trans Canada Trail/Seguin Trail
This trail is located at the back of the campground and is accessed directly from our campground. The trail can be used for hiking, mountain biking, and for ATV's. For all you "Tim Horton" enthusiasts, this same trail will take you only a short walk or ride on the trail for a great cup of coffee!
Just 10 minutes away you can visit downtown Parry Sound for unique gift items, antiques and souvenirs. Don't miss the brand new shops along the waterfront on Georgian Bay. While in Parry Sound we have a variety of stores available such as: groceries at No Frills, Home Hardware, Wal-Mart Superstore, Hart Department Store, Jay Set clothing outlet with quality high end name brands, Northern Reflections, Marks Work Warehouse, Pet Value, Canadian Tire, Home Depot & many more. Id be remiss if I didnt mention we also have groceries, souvenirs and ice cream as well as a great selection of unique gifts for that special someone ex. your house or pet sitter in our Canadiana Gift boutique right here on the premises at our KOA store. A Farmers Market takes place in Parry Sound on the Tuesdays of July & August from 10am-2pm in Market Square downtown. Another Farmers & Antique Market takes place in nearby Rosseau 20 minutes away from July 1-September 2 on Fridays from 9am-2pm.
Campground EventsListing Calendar
June 26-July 1 - Red, White & Canada D'eh Long Week-end!
- Join us for our annual "Canada D'eh" decorated bicycle parade & dress up your dog parade, get tatooed, play games, race your minnow, a ride aboard the "John Deere Express" and just plain have fun! Canada D'eh events will also take place all D'eh in Parry Sound on July 1st with fireworks at dusk over Georgian Bay including the annual parade of boats on breathtaking Georgian Bay.
July 3-5- Our 7th Annual Wet'n Wild Weekend!
- Join us for gallons of fun! Come and get revenge on (Don) after last years soaking good time. Bring your water guns, super soakerz and water toys, and be prepared to get soaked! We will have water games, super-soaker fights and minnow races. Hop on the wagon for our Wet N Wild Wagon Ride. We DARE you to stay dry! Don't forget to pack your super soakerz!
July 10-12 Chocohaulics Anonymous Weekend!
- July 10-12
- Some tasty fun is straight ahead on this weekend! Everything to do with Chocolate is planned. Eat it, slurp it, toss it and WEAR IT! Come join the fun. Chocolate Sundaes, Cookie Eating contest, Chocolate marshmallow surprise, chocolate games, and lots of messy family fun.
July 17-19 - Art in the Park in Parry Sound at Market Square
Arts and Crafts vendors and Artisans showcase their imaginative creations, this is a judicated show, so only the best can have booth space. This is one of my favourite shows to roam around at and I have never come home empty handed.
July 17-19 Ahoy Matey Pirates Weekend!
- July 17-19
- Ahoy there Matey! Shiver me timbers........Its gonna be a swashbuckling good time at the Parry Sound KOA!.....don't forget to bring your pirate outfits and play the part of a buccaneer! Batten down the hatches for some blimey fun...Yellow Bellies Vs Red Beards water balloon toss, search for buried booty/treasures, pirate games and much more!
Meet Your Hosts
"Our Campers experience a "Northern" type setting while not having to drive more than 2 hours north of Toronto. Come marvel at our "Near North Starry Nights" as you relax & explore this unique area of Georgian Bay and it's 30,000 Islands!"
The Parry Sound KOA "is the best thing that could ever happen to us," Michelle Berry said of her family's purchase of their second generation campground. Michelle and Don and their two sons enjoy winter activities as a family and work together in the campground during the summer. "It really has been a good change."
They sold their family farm south of Toronto in 1999, and since her parents knew they were looking at resorts and other business opportunities, they approached the couple with the idea of buying the KOA. The deal came together in less than two months. Don had worked in the forestry division of the Ministry of Transportation, and Michelle was trained as a registered lab technologist.
The Berry's take pride in welcoming guests to a friendly and beautiful campground, and they live in a home they built on the grounds. They've made a lot of changes at the campground, including a new front office, new deluxe cabins (formerly called lodges), new computer systems & wifi, revamping the store & pool area, and adding a large recreation hall. Their boys are learning about the business and the values of hard work. They already talk about the day when they can run the campground, she added.
The family loves living north of Toronto, where they get a lot of snow and enjoy winter activities such as hockey, ice fishing and snowmobiling. "It is our family time," she said, adding that she and Don are also very involved as volunteers in the community.
Campers at the Parry Sound KOA really enjoy all the recreational opportunities associated with the prime campground location. Dozens of lakes surround us and famous Georgian Bay is only 10 minutes away...for all you fishing and boating enthusiasts The campground is right next to the Trans Canada/Seguin Trail, a multi-use trail that is open to four-wheelers, dirt bikes, walking, horseback riding and biking. The campground serves as a base for a variety of outdoor recreation enthusiasts who use the trail and or lakes that are so prevalent in our immediate area.