- Entrance Gate
- Motorcycle Clubs
- Planned Activities Available
- RV Clubs & Rallies
Our Fun EVENTS for 2014 as we Celebrate our 25th Anniversary @ Parry Sound KOA.
Hope you can join us for OUR 25th Season!
There are dozens of freshwater lakes within 10 minutes, including the world-renowned Georgian Bay. The various fish species include, small and large mouth bass, Northern Pike, Lake Trout, and Perch to name a few. Boat, motor and equipment rentals are available at marinas nearby. Canoe rentals are available at the campground.
Deer Run Golf Club - 18 hole championship course with a signature par-5 11th hole with an island green.
Seguin Valley Golf - located only 7 minutes from Parry sound KOA, 18 very unique holes
Parry Sound Golf and Country Club, 18 holes and includes driving range, 18 hole Delta Rocky Crest-Club Link, 18 hole
Beaches and Waterfront
2 beautiful sandy beaches within 5 minutes, one has a free boat launch. The larger beach has a raft you can swim out to and docks you can fish or dive off of. Or simply, take a walk, ride, or swim along the picturesque Georgian Bay Waterfront Fitness Trail.
Trans Canada Trail/Seguin Trail
This trail is located at the back of the campground and is accessed directly from our campground. The trail can be used for hiking, mountain biking, and for ATV's. For all you "Tim Horton" enthusiasts, this same trail will take you only a short walk or ride on the trail for a great cup of coffee!
Just 10 minutes away you can visit downtown Parry Sound for unique gift items, antiques and souvenirs. Don't miss the brand new shops along the waterfront on Georgian Bay. While in Parry Sound we have a variety of stores available such as: groceries at No Frills, Home Hardware, Wal-Mart Superstore, Hart Department Store, Jay Set clothing outlet with quality high end name brands, Northern Reflections, Marks Work Warehouse, Pet Value, Canadian Tire, Home Depot & many more. Id be remiss if I didnt mention we also have groceries, souvenirs and ice cream as well as a great selection of unique gifts for that special someone ex. your house or pet sitter in our Canadiana Gift boutique right here on the premises at our KOA store. A Farmers Market takes place in Parry Sound on the Tuesdays of July & August from 10am-2pm in Market Square downtown. Another Farmers & Antique Market takes place in nearby Rosseau 20 minutes away from July 1-September 2 on Fridays from 9am-2pm.
Campground EventsListing Calendar
July 18-August 10 35th Annual Festival of the Sound
- Use our campground as your home base for the festival and still enjoy a swim, campfire or R & R between venues
- Festival of the Sound is an Annual Summer Festival of Fine Music performed in live concerts on the shores of beautiful Georgian Bay.This is year 35 for the festival and its promises to be bigger than ever before!
- For General Inquiries: 1-866-364-0061 / firstname.lastname@example.orgJennifer McGillivray, Executive Director: email@example.comAlison Scarrow, Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org
July 25-27 Our 10th Annual Christmas in July!
- Who says Christmas only comes once a year?! Santa will be here 6 months early, so come and celebrate the holidays with us... stress free! "Deck your RV's with Bells & Holly" in other words...bring your christmas decorations and take part in our site, cabin, and lodge decorating contest-prizes. Bring your holiday spirit and participate in some fun holiday games! Kids can tell Santa if theyve been good or bad as they meet him by the pool! Moms can also get a mini manicure by Mrs. Claus (with donation to KOA Care Camps) as the kids play. Finally, end the night with our famous Illuminated Wagon Ride and ride through the park with Santa! Ho ho ho and Happy Holidays!
August 1-4 Tye Dye'n Good Tyme August Long Weekend!
- Lookout long weekend here comes some fun! We will be Tye Dyeing t-shirts.($10 all proceeds to KOA Care Camps) a great holiday keepsake and very fashionable too! We are going to have some crazy fun games, a ride thru the nature trails aboard the "John Deere Express" & more. Go KOA Go!!
August 8-10 RedNeck Camper Weekend is back!!
- Foot stompin" and knee slappin' good tyme is in order this weekend! Games with a twist, site decorating contest-prizes, dress up like your favourite "Duck Dynasty" character...uncle Si eat your heart out! Come have some crazy fun with us.
Boots N Spurs Live Rodeo Music Festival
Held at Foley Fairgrounds 2 km up the road from our campground. Stampede, Red Neck games, bronco riding, Live Music festival headlining- Beverley Mahood, Lindsay Broughton, Chelsey Crites and many more. A weekend of fun for the whole family. Also, here at the campground we are having Red Neck weekend so, just think of all the fun you will have camping with us and going to the festival up the road!
Meet Your Hosts
"Our Campers experience a "Northern" type setting while not having to drive more than 2 hours north of Toronto. Come marvel at our "Near North Starry Nights" as you relax & explore this unique area of Georgian Bay and it's 30,000 Islands!"
The Parry Sound KOA "is the best thing that could ever happen to us," Michelle Berry said of her family's purchase of their second generation campground. Michelle and Don and their two sons enjoy winter activities as a family and work together in the campground during the summer. "It really has been a good change."
They sold their family farm south of Toronto in 1999, and since her parents knew they were looking at resorts and other business opportunities, they approached the couple with the idea of buying the KOA. The deal came together in less than two months. Don had worked in the forestry division of the Ministry of Transportation, and Michelle was trained as a registered lab technologist.
The Berry's take pride in welcoming guests to a friendly and beautiful campground, and they live in a home they built on the grounds. They've made a lot of changes at the campground, including a new front office, new deluxe cabins (formerly called lodges), new computer systems & wifi, revamping the store & pool area, and adding a large recreation hall. Their boys are learning about the business and the values of hard work. They already talk about the day when they can run the campground, she added.
The family loves living north of Toronto, where they get a lot of snow and enjoy winter activities such as hockey, ice fishing and snowmobiling. "It is our family time," she said, adding that she and Don are also very involved as volunteers in the community.
Campers at the Parry Sound KOA really enjoy all the recreational opportunities associated with the prime campground location. Dozens of lakes surround us and famous Georgian Bay is only 10 minutes away...for all you fishing and boating enthusiasts The campground is right next to the Trans Canada/Seguin Trail, a multi-use trail that is open to four-wheelers, dirt bikes, walking, horseback riding and biking. The campground serves as a base for a variety of outdoor recreation enthusiasts who use the trail and or lakes that are so prevalent in our immediate area.