- Entrance Gate
- Motorcycle Clubs
- Planned Activities Available
- RV Clubs & Rallies
Our Fun EVENTS for 2014 as we Celebrate our 25th Anniversary @ Parry Sound KOA.
Hope you can join us for OUR 25th Season!
There are dozens of freshwater lakes within 10 minutes, including the world-renowned Georgian Bay. The various fish species include, small and large mouth bass, Northern Pike, Lake Trout, and Perch to name a few. Boat, motor and equipment rentals are available at marinas nearby. Canoe rentals are available at the campground.
Deer Run Golf Club - 18 hole championship course with a signature par-5 11th hole with an island green.
Seguin Valley Golf - located only 7 minutes from Parry sound KOA, 18 very unique holes
Parry Sound Golf and Country Club, 18 holes and includes driving range, 18 hole Delta Rocky Crest-Club Link, 18 hole
Beaches and Waterfront
2 beautiful sandy beaches within 5 minutes, one has a free boat launch. The larger beach has a raft you can swim out to and docks you can fish or dive off of. Or simply, take a walk, ride, or swim along the picturesque Georgian Bay Waterfront Fitness Trail.
Trans Canada Trail/Seguin Trail
This trail is located at the back of the campground and is accessed directly from our campground. The trail can be used for hiking, mountain biking, and for ATV's. For all you "Tim Horton" enthusiasts, this same trail will take you only a short walk or ride on the trail for a great cup of coffee!
Just 10 minutes away you can visit downtown Parry Sound for unique gift items, antiques and souvenirs. Don't miss the brand new shops along the waterfront on Georgian Bay. While in Parry Sound we have a variety of stores available such as: groceries at No Frills, Home Hardware, Wal-Mart Superstore, Hart Department Store, Jay Set clothing outlet with quality high end name brands, Northern Reflections, Marks Work Warehouse, Pet Value, Canadian Tire, Home Depot & many more. Id be remiss if I didnt mention we also have groceries, souvenirs and ice cream as well as a great selection of unique gifts for that special someone ex. your house or pet sitter in our Canadiana Gift boutique right here on the premises at our KOA store. A Farmers Market takes place in Parry Sound on the Tuesdays of July & August from 10am-2pm in Market Square downtown. Another Farmers & Antique Market takes place in nearby Rosseau 20 minutes away from July 1-September 2 on Fridays from 9am-2pm.
Campground EventsListing Calendar
Spring Jam becomes Fall Jam
Due to the overwhelming amount of snow this winter season and the condition the trails will be in when we go into the melt down we have decided to post pone Spring Jam to Fall Jam Oct 3 and 4th. Registration will open late spring or early summer and info can be found at falljam.ca We are currently taking reservations for anyone wanting to stay with us in their own RV or in one of our deluxe or basic cabins. We have allot of new twists for our 14th Fall Jamboree! Stay tuned! Hope to hear from you
May 9-11 Free! Free! Free! (with donation) Big Weekend!
- Yes, with advance reservations, you will enjoy a Free night of camping on the 10th, NO kidding! In order to get Saturday May 10th free, you pay for Friday night. In other words, stay 2 nights for the price of one. Donations to KOA Care Camps are appreciated as this is what this weekend is all about - HELPING KIDS WITH CANCER! These donations help kids with cancer go to summer camp & make "happy memories." Call early for your reservation because this is a GREAT deal. Friday night relax at a movie with popcorn($donation). Coffee & sweets ($donation) Sunday am in the office, ice cream social ($ donation), ($ donation) "John Deere Express". (not valid with other discounts/offers)
May 16-19 Heated Pool OPENS! May Long Weekend Celebration!
- Heated pool....here we come! Let's celebrate the long weekend & Queen Victoria's birthday together. Heated pool opens....and yes it's heated! Wacky golf, decorate your own sundae, movie and popcorn, a ride aboard the "John Deere Express" and more fun. A great excuse for a getaway for the first time this season or to try your new trailer out on its maiden voyage-not too far from home! Hope to see you for the fist long weekend of the summer! P.S. Don't forget to pack your bathing suits.
May 30-Jun1 25% OFF Pool OPEN Weekend & BBQ Celebration!
- 25% off May 30th and May 31st
- Join us as we kick start our 25 th camping season of making "forever memories!" To celebrate our 25 th year we are offering 25%off May 30th & 31st all site types if you stay 2 or more nights on this weekend. Break out your RV and toys from storage and come play on/in the muddy trails for the weekend! Bring your ATV's and Side by Sides and ride the trails direct from your site during the day. Then Saturday night join us for a BBQ/bonfire for some stories & camaraderie as we roast s'mores & kick start the season together! Plus enjoy a late checkout till 4 pm on Sunday. Look for more special events every weekend this season if you can't make it this particular weekend. Aug 22-24 we are also offering 25% off on our Anniversary weekend, plus a store'n plug deal. (See Aug 22-24 date for details below)
- (this offer not valid with other discounts)
June 13-15 Celebrate Dad like a "King" for Fathers Day!
- This weekend is all about your "cool" Dad. Kids stay free too! Kids will make a craft for dad, take dad on the "John Deere Express" thru the nature trails, treat dad to a free game of mini golf. Sunday morning bring your "king" to the office for a coffee & sweets on us & then enjoy the day together with a late checkout till 4 pm on Sunday as our gift to your family.
Meet Your Hosts
"Our Campers experience a "Northern" type setting while not having to drive more than 2 hours north of Toronto. Come marvel at our "Near North Starry Nights" as you relax & explore this unique area of Georgian Bay and it's 30,000 Islands!"
The Parry Sound KOA "is the best thing that could ever happen to us," Michelle Berry said of her family's purchase of their second generation campground. Michelle and Don and their two sons enjoy winter activities as a family and work together in the campground during the summer. "It really has been a good change."
They sold their family farm south of Toronto in 1999, and since her parents knew they were looking at resorts and other business opportunities, they approached the couple with the idea of buying the KOA. The deal came together in less than two months. Don had worked in the forestry division of the Ministry of Transportation, and Michelle was trained as a registered lab technologist.
The Berry's take pride in welcoming guests to a friendly and beautiful campground, and they live in a home they built on the grounds. They've made a lot of changes at the campground, including a new front office, new deluxe cabins (formerly called lodges), new computer systems & wifi, revamping the store & pool area, and adding a large recreation hall. Their boys are learning about the business and the values of hard work. They already talk about the day when they can run the campground, she added.
The family loves living north of Toronto, where they get a lot of snow and enjoy winter activities such as hockey, ice fishing and snowmobiling. "It is our family time," she said, adding that she and Don are also very involved as volunteers in the community.
Campers at the Parry Sound KOA really enjoy all the recreational opportunities associated with the prime campground location. Dozens of lakes surround us and famous Georgian Bay is only 10 minutes away...for all you fishing and boating enthusiasts The campground is right next to the Trans Canada/Seguin Trail, a multi-use trail that is open to four-wheelers, dirt bikes, walking, horseback riding and biking. The campground serves as a base for a variety of outdoor recreation enthusiasts who use the trail and or lakes that are so prevalent in our immediate area.