Local Area Attractions
1. Snowy Peaks Winery - Estes Park - 970-586-2099 - www.snowypeakswinery.com
2. Ten Bears Winery - Laporte - 970-566-4043 - www.tenbearswinery.com
3. Trail Ridge Winery - Loveland - 970-635-0949
4. Valley of the Wind Winery - Loveland - 970-461-1885 - www.valleyofthewind.com
5. Zephyr Cellars - Loveland - 970-635-0949
Shambhala Mountain Center & The Great Stupa
Address: 4921 County Rd. 68-C Red Feather Lakes, CO 80545
Phone: (970) 881-2184 Phone 800: 1-888-STUPA-21
Attracting thousands of visitors a year from all over the world, The Great Stupa of Dharmakaya is the largest and most elaborate example of Buddhist sacred architecture in North America. After 14 years of construction, the Stupa was formally opened to the public in August of 2001.
Rocky Mountain Raptor Program
Address: 2519 South Shields #115 Fort Collins, CO 80526
Phone: (970) 484-7756
The Rocky Mountain Raptor Program encourages stewardship of heritage resources through excellence in raptor rehabilitation, education and research.
Colorado Eagles Pro Hockey, LLC
Address: 1625 Pelican Lakes Point, Suite 100 Windsor, CO 80550
The Colorado Eagles play in the Central Hockey League. They are considered one of the premier minor league franchises in the nation.
1. Drake Road Farmers' Market - 802 W. Drake - 970-218-5521 - www.drakeroadfarmersmarket.com
2. Fort Collins Farmers' Market - 215 E. Foothills Parkway - www.fortcollinsfm.com
3. Larimer County Farmer's market - 200 W. Oak - 970-498-6000 - www.larimercountyfarmersmarket.colstate.edu
Holiday Twin Drive-In
2206 S. Overland Trail Fort Collins, CO 80526
The only drive-in Larimer County.
Hot Air Ballooning
1. Flights of Fancy LLC, Loveland, 970-581-5042
2. Mountain Breeze Ballooning, 970-482-0118
3. Windtracker Balloon Adventures International, 315 S. Loomis, 970-482-4492
1. Avery House, 328 W. Mountain, 970-221-0533, www.poudrelandmarks.org
2. Bee Family Centennial Farm Museum, 4320 E. County Road 58, 970-482-9168, www.beefamilyfarm.com
3. Fort Collins Museum of Contemporary Art, 201 S. College, 970-482-2787, www.fcmoca.org
4. Fort Collins Museum & Discovery Science Center, Mason & Cherry, 970-221-6738, www.fcmdsc.org
1. A Wanderlust Adventure, 4120 W. County Road 54G, 970-482-0361
2. A-1 Wildwater, 2801 N. Shields, 970-224-3379
3. Mountain Whitewater Descents, 1329 N. US Highway 287, 970-419-0917
4. Rocky Mountain Adventures, 1117 N. US Highway 287, 970-493-4005
The CSU Arboretum/Woody Plant
Address: 630 West Lake St. Fort Collins, CO 80524
The main objectives of this demonstration garden are to determine which woody plants are best suited for growing in the Rocky Mountain area and display these plants for public and teaching purposes. In the spring of 2003, we lost approximately one and one half acres of the arboretum for the construction of a new dormitory on campus. The approximately 120 taxa of plants located in this area were tree spaded to a new arboretum site off of Center Avenue, north of Spring Creek and adjacent to the new City of Fort Collins horticulture center (The Gardens at Spring Creek).
Gardens on Spring Creek
Address: 2145 Centre Avenue Fort Collins, CO 80526
Fort Collins community botanic garden features several display gardens and greenhouse. Education classes are offered for children and adults, there are spaces available for rent, and special events throughout the year. Don't miss the Garden of Lights in December!
Fort Collins Municipal Railway
We are the Fort Collins Municipal Railway Society, an all-volunteer organization working with the city of Fort Collins, CO to provide a heritage streetcar experience. One of the few remaining original trolley systems in the nation, this restored 1919 Birney streetcar runs on its original route, along Mountain Avenue for 1 1/2 miles from City Park to Howes Street. Hours: May-Sept Sat-Sun and holidays only, noon-5pm * Location: Oak and Roosevelt, at City Park * Web site www.fortnet.org/trolley
Fort Collins Parks & Recreation
1. Edora Park/EPIC, 1801 Riverside Drive, 970-221-6660, www.fcgov.com/parks
2. Farm at Lee Martinez Park, 600 N. Sherwood St., 970-221-6665
3. Fossil Creek Park, 5821 S. Lemay
The Ranch/Larimer County Fairgrounds and Events Complex
Address: 5280 Arena Circle Suite 100 Loveland, CO 80538
Phone: (970) 619-4000
Situated in beautiful Northern Colorado, The Ranch is the premier, multi-purpose entertainment and event complex. Built in 2003, The Ranch boasts 375,000 square feet of event space and is located just off I-25, 40 minutes North of Denver. This state-of-the-art complex can accommodate a variety of events from trade shows, conferences and meetings to concerts and festivals. Its easily accessible location and impeccable amenities make it the ideal site for regional, state and national events.
Lory State Park
Hit the trail at Lory State Park and enjoy mountain biking, hiking and horseback riding amid some fabulous foothills scenery just minutes from Fort Collins and adjacent to Horsetooth Reservoir.
Horsetooth Mountain Park
Parking is available at two locations: the Horsetooth Mountain Open Space trailhead parking area, immediately off CR 38 E approximately 5 - 6 miles west of the intersection of Harmony and Taft Hill in Fort Collins, and the Soderberg Open Space trailhead parking area, accessed by following signs to Inlet Bay off of Shoreline Drive. Drinking water is available at the trailhead. Please be sure to carry enough for your hike or ride. This is a very popular open space, so if you should arrive and find the parking lot full you will know that the trails are at maximum capacity. Please consider one of our other open spaces, such as Devil's Backbone Open Space or Rimrock Open Space for your outdoor enjoyment that day, and come back to Horsetooth Mountain Open Space another time.
1. Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch, 2939 N. County Rd 31D, Loveland, www.sylvandale.com, 970-667-3915
2. Tip Top Guest Rach, Bellvue, www.tiptopranch.com, 970-484-1215
Observatory Village/Stargazer Observatory
3733 Galileo Drive Fort Collins, CO 80528
Stargazer Observatory Thanks to a unique partnership with Village Homes, FRCC operates an astronomy laboratory at Observatory Village, a housing development in southeast Fort Collins. Stargazer Observatory features a 14-inch Celestron C-14 telescope and Bisque Paramount ME mounting system. The telescope’s software contains a database of more than 30 million pieces of information, some gleaned from the U.S. Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., and the space-based Hubble Space Telescope Guide Star Catalog. In addition to the Celestron C-14 in the dome, other FRCC telescopes may be set up on a viewing balcony at Stargazer Observatory.
CSU Annual Flower Trial Garden
Address: 1401 Remington Street Fort Collins, CO 80523
Phone: 970-491-7179 Fax: 970-491-7745
The outdoor display and test areas at the Annual Flower Trial Garden were established to allow students, researchers, industry representatives, homeowners and extension personnel to learn, teach and evaluate through horticultural research and demonstration projects conducted in the unique environmental conditions of the Rocky Mountain/High Plains region. Garden Hours and Season The garden is open daily to the public, free of charge. The entire garden is planted with annuals from late May through October. Pansies are planted in the fall and are on display through early spring. The perennial trials are displayed year round across the street in front of the Center for the Arts. You are encouraged to visit and take note of the new varieties being grown and to observe and study the different growth habits, tolerances and visual characteristics of the many different varieties that have been put on display.
CSU Environmental Learning Center
Address: 2400 S. Ziegler Rd. Fort Collins, CO 80525
Phone: (970) 491-1661
Fax: (970) 491-5883
At the Colorado State University Environmental Learning Center, our mission is to connect people with nature by facilitating educational, inclusive and safe experiences in the natural environment and to advance the field of environmental education through sound research and practice.
P.O. Box 107, 4936 West CR 52E Bellevue, CO 80512
Tour a fish hatchery.
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO
See the Colorado State University campus, take in a sporting event or CSU Summer Café' Theatre.
Address: 1900 W. Mountain Avenue Fort Collins, CO 80525
Phone: (970) 221-6810
One of the most beautiful, historic cemeteries in the area; graves of Fort Collins founders. Maps at the Visitor Information Center and the cemetery Office. Office hours: 8:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-5:00pm Monday thru Friday except holidays. Open dawn to dusk daily.
Cheyenne Frontier Days
Address: P.O. Box 2477 Cheyenne, WY 82003
Phone: 800-227-6336 Fax: (307) 778-7213
Cheyenne Frontier Days, the world's largest outdoor rodeo and Western celebration. Experience the best of the West with daily rodeos, nightly concerts and much more!
1. City Park Nine golf clubhouse, 411 S. Bryan, 970-221-6650
2. Collindale golf clubhouse, 1441 E. Horsetooth, 970-221-6651
3. Link-n-greens, 777 E. Lincoln Ave., 970-221-4818
4. Mountain Vista greens, 2808 N.E. Frontage Road, 970-482-4847
5. Southridge golf clubhouse, 5750 S. Lemay, 970-416-2828
Get a feel for settler life in this well-preserved downtown district of 23 historical buildings that are part of both national and local designated historic districts. Included is the Armstrong Hotel, a Fort Collins landmark that was restored in 2004 to its former ?Art Deco? elegance. You're likely to notice a strong resemblance to Disneyland's Main Street USA: we're proud to say that it is modeled after our own downtown Fort Collins! Old Town Fort Collins is lined with nature, tourist, antique, retail, and candy and confectionary shops. There are a variety of restaurants (over 84 of them, actually) to provide a taste for any craving, and countless places to dine outdoors. Additionally, ride the only original trolley car west of the Mississippi through a beautiful historic Old Town neighborhood. And on any given day, you can enjoy the sounds of live music drifting through the square. Check our calendar for upcoming events in Old Town or visit www.downtownfortcollins.com for additional information.
1. Lincoln Center, 417 W. Magnolia St., 970-221-6730, www.lctix.com
2. Fort Collins Symphony, 214 S. College, 970-482-4823, www.fcsymphony.org
3. Bas Blue Theatre Company, 401 Pine St., 970-498-8949, www.basblue.org
4. Candlelight Dinner Playhouse, 4747 Marketplace Drive, Johnstown, 970-744-3747, www.coloradocandlelight.com
5. Midtown Arts Center, 3750 S. Mason, 970-225-2555, www.adinnertheatre.com
6. Openstage Theatre, 970-484-5237, www.openstage.com
Rocky Mountain National Park
Don't miss one of our National Parks which is located less than 1 hour from Fort Collins! This living showcase of the grandeur of the Rocky Mountains, with elevations ranging from 8,000 feet in the wet, grassy valleys to 14,259 feet at the weather-ravaged top of Longs Peak, provides visitors with opportunities for countless breathtaking experiences and adventures.
Cache la Poudre River Canyon
Take 14 West into the mountains off of Highway 287. The Poudre Canyon is a narrow verdant canyon, approximately 40 mi (64 km) long, on the upper Cache la Poudre River (called the "Poudre" for short, which locals pronounce as "Pooder") in Larimer County, Colorado. The canyon is a glacier-formed valley through the foothills of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains northwest of Fort Collins. The Poudre is Colorado's only nationally designated "wild and scenic" river. Highway 14 is designated a Colorado Scenic and Historic Byway between Fort Collins and Walden. Hiking, picnicking, winter sports, hunting, fishing, whitewater rafting & wildlife viewing await you.
1. Anheuser-Busch Tour Center - 2351 Busch Drive - 970-490-4691 - www.budweisertours.com
2. CB & Potts - 1427 W. Elizabeth St. - 970-221-5954 - www.cbpotts.com
3. Coopersmith's Pub & Brewing - 5 Old Town Square - 970-498-0483 - www.coopersmithspub.com
4. Equinox Brewing Company - 133 Remington St. - 970-484-1368 - www.equinoxbrewing.com
5. Fort Collins Brewery - 1020 Lincoln Ave - 970-472-1499 - www.fortcollinsbrewery.com
6. Funkwerks - 1900 E. Lincoln Ave, Unit B - 970-482-3865 - www.funkwerks.com
7. New Belgium Brewing Co - 500 Linden St. - 970-221-0524 - www.newbelgium.com
8. Odell Brewing Co. - 800 E. Lincoln - 970-498-9070 - www.odellbrewing.com
Note: you must be 21 to enter brewery websites.