Local Area Activities
- Spearfish Canyon Country Club is located at the mouth of Spearfish Canyon. Enjoy 18 holes of golf, a swimming pool, restaurant, bar, and clubhouse store. Call (605) 642-8479 for more information or (605) 642-7156 for tee times. Visit Spearfish Canyon Country Club online for more information.
- Belle Fourche Country Club is located 8 miles North of Spearfish. The course has 9 holes of golf among the pines. Call (605) 892-3472 or visit Belle Fourche Country Club and other Black Hills golf courses online for more information.
- Boulder Canyon Golf Course is a beautiful course located in Boulder Canyon between Sturgis and Deadwood. Call (605) 347-5180 or visit Boulder Canyon Golf Course online for more information.
- Spearfish Creek is located 200 feet from our campground. Great fly fishing for brown and rainbow trout. License Required
- Spearfish Trout Farm located just North of Spearfish is a great place to take the kids fishing. Poles and bait are provided at no charge, you only pay for what you catch. Call (605) 642-9378 for more information.
- Numerous trails cover the Black Hills area . For more information and a list of trails call the Forest Service at (605) 642-4622. Access the forest service web site at www.fs.fed.us/r2/blackhills/
- George S. Mickelson trail is a 110-mile long trail starting at Deadwood, SD and ending at Hot Springs, SD. Trail pass is required for a small charge. Fourteen trailheads make the trail easily accessible. www.MickelsonTrail.com
- Centennial Trail --A 111-mile trail extending from North to South along the Black Hills. Access points are located every 3 to 10 miles along the trail. Please visit the Gorp.away.com website for trail location and information.
- Key Antiques located in Spearfish. Call (605) 642-7087 for more information.
- Main Street Mini Mall in Spearfish. Call (605) 642-5884 for more information.
- Love That Shoppe in Belle Fourche, SD. Great store owned by great people. (605)892-4006 for more information. Located in Belle Fourche, 10 miles north of Spearfish.
- Terry Peak Ski Area. Season begins mid-November and continues through April. During high season, open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information please call 1-800-456-0524 or go to www.terrypeak.com
- Deer Mountain Ski Area. Lodging and Ski/Ride Packages available. Cross Country Skiing, Downhill Skiing, Night Skiing, and Tubing are available. Open on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 9 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Go to www.skimystic.com or call (605) 584-3230 for more information.
- Cross Country Trails --enjoy the beautiful Black Hills during the winter. Numerous cross country trails extend into the forest.
- Donald E. Young Center is located 1 mile from the campground on Black Hills State University Campus. Day passes are available for the swimming pool, field house, gymnasium, and fitness center. The Fitness Center offers bikes, elliptical machines, treadmills, stairmasters, free weights, and weight machines. Call (605) 642-6098.
- Bike/walking path along Spearfish Creek. Starts ½ mile south of the KOA and goes approximately 3 miles to the mouth of Spearfish Canyon. Amongst the path are various city parks with volleyball courts, basketball courts, tennis courts, and playgrounds.
- Skate Park located in Spearfish. It is a fenced in skate park with various sizes of ramps, jumps, and a rail for skating fun. Located right next to Burger King.
Supper and Show
- Circle B Ranch Chuckwagon Supper and Western Music Show. Located fifteen miles west of Rapid City. Includes western town, shoot-out, cowboy gold, wagon, trail and pony rides. Call (605) 348-7358 for more information. http://www.circle-b-ranch.com/
- Flying T Chuckwagon Supper and Show is located 6 miles south of Rapid City. Enjoy cowboy fixins' and entertainment of western music and comedy. 6:30 p.m. nightly. For reservations call (605) 342-1905. www.blackhillsbadlands.com/flyingt
- Ft. Hays Chuckwagon Supper and Show located 4 miles south of Rapid City. Enjoy cowboy-style supper, music and comedy. 6:30 p.m. nightly. www.rushmoretours.com
- Queen City Lanes is located on Jackson Blvd in Spearfish. Complete with a bar and lounge inside. Call (605) 642-4393 for more information.
- Lucky Strike Lanes located on Ryan Road behind Safeway in Spearfish. On Friday nights from 8 to 10 enjoy bowling disco-style-equipped with lights and a fog machine. Call (605) 642-7367 for more information.
Northern Hills Movie Theater
Movies are shown at 7 and 9 p.m. nightly. On Saturday at 4 p.m. and Sunday at 5 p.m. movies are shown for half-price. The website for Northern Hills Cinema shows what movies are playing and the times.