Try Jeeping! It is awesome!
Enjoy Great Activities!
- Jeeping : All new 2015 Jeep Wranglers, 2 and 4 door options for rent here at the KOA.
- Hiking : The best trails you'll every climb, walk or crawl. We offer a great detailed map of all the trails which gives options for trails at all experience levels. Many easy, shorter trails for the whole family.
- Horseshoes : Just sign in for the shoes at the front office for another fun family activity.
- Yoga and exercise areas : Bring your own stretch mat to our lovely level decks. Great for Tai-Chi practice.
- Explore the campground : Climb to the highest peak for awesome photo opportunities.
- The deck on the creek : Many campers love to sit with their coffee and laptop for early morning retreat.
Breakfast is served daily from 7:30AM to 10:30AM from mid June through Labor Day. We serve complete home cooked breakfast at a great price.
Enjoy our real Texas Mesquite smoked BBQ. Our Creekside Cafe is open on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights, 5PM - 9PM. Enjoy our famous beef brisket, pork ribs and chicken on Friday and Saturdays along with our awesome organic salads. Our pulled pork on Wednesday nights can't be beat. We have live music on these evenings.
Our musicians for 2015 are Hot Damn Duo, David Nunn, Amy Coffman and Gotta Be!
Our beer and wine bar is a lot of fun! So come on over and eat, drink, dance and laugh. You are on vacation!
Join us daily for breakfast and then on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights for BBQ, drinks and live music!
Reservations recommended for dinner.
The best trails you'll every climb, walk or crawl. We offer a great detailed map of all the trails which gives options for trails at all experience levels. Many easy, shorter trails for the whole family.
Just sign in for the shoes at the front office for another fun family activity.
Yoga and exercise areas
Bring your own stretch mat to our lovely level decks. Great for Tai-Chi practice.
Meet Your Hosts
"Don't miss the summer weekends at Ouray KOA Creekside Cafe for a Texas Mesquite style smoked BBQ with live Bluegrass music mix."
The campground industry is a perfect fit for David and Deborah who love to welcome their guests and provide them with a great vacation setting. Together, their number one goal is to take good care of people who are on vacation and help them enjoy it to its fullest.
Their 35 acres are nestled in the foothills of the San Juan Mountains in southwest Colorado, just outside the town of Ouray. The awesome scenery creates a special ambience with the sounds of a flowing creek and San Juan Mountain vistas. You can rent a jeep right here at the campground to explore old ghost towns and drive all the way up the mountain tops. Come back from your breathtaking experience and enjoy David's very own Texas Mesquite style smoked BBQ and all the fixins. Their restaurant at the campground, Creekside Cafe, offers breakfast every morning and nightly dinner.
David and Deborah love to explore the country and other countries during their time away, visiting historical sites, factories, talking to people and experimenting with food and creating recipes. They have fun in most everything they do. Work and play give them equal satisfaction, and their goal is to live well and enjoy all facets of life.