- Hot Tub (no charge)
- Local maps and books
- Wonderful gift shop and store
Enjoy Great Activities!
- Jeeping : All new 2012 Jeep Wranglers, 2 and 4 door options for rent here at the KOA.
- Hiking : The best trails you'll every climb, walk or crawl. We offer a great detailed map of all the trails which gives options for trails at all experience levels. Many easy, shorter trails for the whole family.
- Horseshoes : Just sign in for the shoes at the front office for another fun family activity.
- Yoga and exercise areas : Bring your own stretch mat to our lovely level decks. Great for Tai-Chi practice.
- Explore the campground : Climb to the highest peak for awesome photo opportunities.
- The deck on the creek : Many campers love to sit with their coffee and laptop for early morning retreat.
- The Tipi : So beautiful, the tipi door faces due east for beautiful sunrises, making the inside glow like orange fire. Now available for overnight stays. The tipi sleeps four persons, equipped with microwave and small refrigerator and more.
- This KOA invites all campers and other guests to bring their musical talents to "jam" and grow their music interests. The deck on the creek is the place: Coordinate with David and Deborah.
Enjoy our real Texas Mesquite smoked BBQ. The brisket is so awesome! Come on in for some real fun, live music and really great food. The live music happens on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night beginning June 28 through August 17. Breakfast is served through Labor Day. Cafe closed on Monday and Tuesday evenings.
Have you had any Yak lately? Creekside Cafe will be serving Yak burgers on Wednesday nights. The Yak is raised and processed locally, and we make an effort to give you an entire plate of food grown and baked locally. Don't miss this night to try Yak. Please call to reserve your burger. We will also serve Texas Mesquite pulled pork plates and sandwiches. Great local and live music and bar open serving beer and wine.
The best trails you'll every climb, walk or crawl. We offer a great detailed map of all the trails which gives options for trails at all experience levels. Many easy, shorter trails for the whole family.
Just sign in for the shoes at the front office for another fun family activity.
Yoga and exercise areas
Bring your own stretch mat to our lovely level decks. Great for Tai-Chi practice.
Campground EventsListing Calendar
Pancake Breakfast and Dinners
How convenient, and how delicious with great pricing and great people serving the freshest possible food right here at the Creekside Cafe. Get your breakfast before heading out to one of the many great attractions in the county.
Wow and Wow! If you love Texas mesquite smoked BBQ meats done in real Texas style, you'll look forward year to year to this event on summer weekend evenings. Stay tuned, it gets better and better with alternative choices for the veggies in your family or group.
Live Bluegrass music on summer weekends and even on Wednesday nights. We serve the most local food available on Wednesday night. Beer and wine bar open for your enjoyment as well.
Live Bluegrass/Country/Rock Mix
Ouray KOA's Creekside Cafe offers a great variiety of Bluegrass, Country and Old Time Rock and Roll. Dance to oldies and stomp for some Bluegrass fun.
Meet Your Hosts
"Don't miss the summer weekends at Ouray KOA Creekside Cafe for a Texas Mesquite style smoked BBQ with live Bluegrass music mix."
The campground industry is a perfect fit for David and Deborah who love to welcome their guests and provide them with a great vacation setting. Together, their number one goal is to take good care of people who are on vacation and help them enjoy it to its fullest.
Their 35 acres are nestled in the foothills of the San Juan Mountains in southwest Colorado, just outside the town of Ouray. The awesome scenery creates a special ambience with the sounds of a flowing creek and San Juan Mountain vistas. You can rent a jeep right here at the campground to explore old ghost towns and drive all the way up the mountain tops. Come back from your breathtaking experience and enjoy David's very own Texas Mesquite style smoked BBQ and all the fixins. Their restaurant at the campground, Creekside Cafe, offers breakfast every morning and nightly dinner.
David and Deborah love to explore the country and other countries during their time away, visiting historical sites, factories, talking to people and experimenting with food and creating recipes. They have fun in most everything they do. Work and play give them equal satisfaction, and their goal is to live well and enjoy all facets of life.