- Children & Adult's Playground
- Family Reunions
- Fitness Center (no charge)
- Heated Pool
- Motorcycle Clubs
- Planned Activities
- RV Clubs & Rallies
- Video Game Room
JOIN US FOR A SUMMER OF FUN ACTIVITIES AND THEME WEEKENDS!
- Enjoy our heated pool (open May 1-Sept. 30) or Hot Tub (open year round)
- Work out in the fitness center
- Play a game of mini-golf, or join us for a Nacho Ordinary Mini Golf Tournament
- Participate in our planned activities--scavenger hunts, crafttime, bingo, water wars, site decorating contests and
- whatever else we happen to conjure up!
- Don't miss the BBQs, breakfasts, dessert socials, tailgate parties, campground potlucks, happy hours and our
- chocolate fountain socials
- Meet us at the group campfire for a Smores Party
- We have the facilities and provide equipment for horseshoes, hillbilly horseshoes, croquette, lawn bocce, bean bag toss, tic-tac-toe, basketball and volleyball
- There's air hockey and other video games in the arcade
- Watch our Campground News for a listing of our theme weekends, all with special planned activities--Come
- Camp and Share with Us, Death by Chocolate,.Skygazing, Hot Air Balloon Festival, Halloween Fall Festival, Christmas in the Valley and this year's Passport to a Summer of Fun with our eight different International Weekends of fun, facts, activities and foods of Belgium, Italy, France, Ireland, USA, Mexico, China and Germany.
OR, just relax in the shade of your campsite or one of our park areas, and enjoy incredible views of the Rocky Mountains. Located in the Greenhorn Mountain Valley, the campground is a great place to escape the big city surroundings to a quiet mountain atmosphere. Spring, summer and fall days are warm to hot, but evenings are always cool and enjoyable. Don't miss our gorgeous evening sunsets and nightly light shows with a 360 degree view of the stars.
We welcome groups and reunions, and offer the use of our covered pavilion or indoor social room to hold your own activities.
BBQs, DINNERS AND CAMPGROUND POT LUCKS (May through October)
On weekends and during special events, dinners/BBQs are served at either our outdoor pavilion or indoor social room. Join us and enjoy your choice of hamburgers, cheeseburgers, salmon burgers, hot dogs, polish sausage, BBQ pulled pork, grilled chicken sandwiches, grilled chicken salad, New York steak sandwiches and our famous Colorado City KOA Slopper! Specials of the day may include grilled pork steak, BBQ country style ribs, grilled chicken breast dinner, 12 oz. New York steak dinner, lasagna or pasta with meatballs and sausage, fried chicken, and pork roast with egg noodles. When we aren't serving food, bring a dish and join us for our campground pot lucks!!!
DESSERT SOCIALS (May through mid-October)
Join us at the Pavilion or Social Hall for our evening Dessert Socials. Enjoy freshly baked fruit pies, cream pies, cakes, ice cream sundaes and A&W Rootbeer floats, while you socialize with your fellow campers!
CONTINENTAL & SERVED BREAKFASTS (May through mid-October)
Items for a Make-Your-Own Continental Breakfasts are always available in the campground office at the Coffee Bar--regular and flavored coffees, cappuccino, cocoa, tea, juice, muffins, pastries, fruit, and on some mornings we have freshly baked pastries! On weekends and holidays, you can enjoy our cooked just for you pancakes, Belgian waffles, French Toast or biscuits and gravy all served with bacon or sausage, tropical fruit, assorted juices and hot coffee. New this year, Create Your Own Omelet with hash browns and toast.
NACHO ORDINARY MINI GOLF TOURNAMENT
Don't miss your chance to enter this tournament! It's definitely Nacho Ordinary Mini Golf tournament as you will see as you swing your way through the 18 hole course. Our tournaments are not professional by any means-we only host them for the fun of our campers and local people. There is always a prize waiting for the winner, and our famous "you stink" award is presented to the person who does not play so well! And, of course, Nachos for everyone, win or lose!
Meet Your Hosts
"You're a camper here only once--then you're family!"Owning a campground for the Johnson family was a dream come true. They had a chance to try campground management before purchasing Pueblo South/Colorado City KOA in March of 1996. "We were avid weekend campers and became good friends with the owners where we camped. We helped them with various activities at their campground and decided that this was fun, and we had to have a campground of our own."
Both Tim and Elena come from lodging backgrounds. Tim's family owned a motel/restaurant in Colorado Springs, Colorado while Elena's grandparents owned the first motel/campground in Trinidad, Colorado back in the 1930's. Her parents also owned two motels in Trinidad.
Before becoming campground owners, Tim worked in landscape design and was a substitute teacher in the Pueblo School Districts. Elena was an administrative assistant/ticket manager for Colorado State University-Pueblo Athletics and later worked for CSU and the State Department of Local Affairs. She also was a substitute teacher in Pueblo.
Their boys, Todd and Jeff, both attended Colorado State University-Pueblo, majoring in Marketing and Business Administration. Todd has become a full-time partner in the daily operation of the campground in the summer and works at the Pueblo Community College Testing Center during the winter months. Jeff recently married the campground's Activities Director, Crystal Sebastian. He is now hardline/floor manager for Pueblo Sports Authority, and Crystal is teaching in the Art Department at Central High School.
"Our campground is definitely a family operation, with a little help from our friends. Our goal is to provide a fun, pleasant and relaxing experience for everyone who stops here. We want our guests to feel like family - not just another camper."
"Although there isn't much free time for us, we do still try to get away once in awhile." When that happens, you will find the Johnson's out on Todd's fishing boat chasing after the rainbow trout and mackinaw. When they can't get away, the guys take a time out on the golf course.