Skillet Sausage and Potatoes
- 3 -4 Tbsp olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 3/4 pound(s) unpeeled red skinned potatoes cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges and/or chopped
- 1/2 pound(s) fully cooked smoked turkey sausage sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seed, slightly crushed
- 1 tsp dried thyme, crushed or 2 tbsp snipped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Pour 3 tablespoons oil into a heavy 12-inch ovenproof skillet place directly over hot coals or on range-top. Lift and tilt to cover bottom of skillet with oil. Cook potatoes and onions, uncovered, in hot oil over medium-high heat about 12 minutes or till potatoes are nearly tender, stirring occasionally.
Add sausage slices and 1 tablespoon oil, if necessary, to prevent sticking. Cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes or till potatoes and onions are tender and slightly brown, stirring often. Stir in cumin seed, thyme, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute more.