Easy Shrimp and Pasta Marinara
Note: can use frozen precooked shrimp, but must wait and put them in for just a few minutes at the end
- 1/4 pound(s) butter
- 1/2 pound(s) fresh mushrooms, sliced or 2 small cans, drained and patted dry
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 pound(s) raw shrimp, larger is better
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp dill weed
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 1 pound(s) linguini, cooked and drained
- grated parmesan cheese
Once you are at your campsite and settled in, it takes very little effort to sit and chop up your onion and garlic. Then, melt butter, sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms until golden about 5 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes, spices and wine and cook until a little thick, about 3-5 minutes. Add shrimp and cook 3-5 minutes or just until shrimp are done or heated through. Put the cooked and drained linguini in a bowl and top with shrimp and sauce. Mix well, top with grated parmesan cheese.
Optional: Can sprinkle with fresh basil or parsley just before serving.