Virginia Beach Winter Getaway with KOA
Virginia Beach Winter Getaway With KOA
The start of the new year is a great time to plan a winter adventure. It allows you to set a positive tone for a new life chapter and enjoy everything cozy about winter. Virginia Beach KOA Holiday is open all season, and at a mere 2.5 miles from the beach and boardwalk, you can have an affordable and uncrowded stay in comfortable lodgings.
Planning Ahead of Your Trip
Winters in Virginia Beach are a lovely time. All you need is to plan a few things to ensure you only have the best trip:
- Check the weather: Weather is unpredictable, so be sure to check before your trip.
- Pack layers: Dressing in layers is key to enjoying your winter getaway. Pack layers of clothing starting with a comfortable base layer, middle insulating layer and outer layer that's warm and waterproof. Pack those winter accessories, too, such as gloves, beanies, scarves and fluffy socks.
- Remember your camera: A winter beach vacation can offer many unique photo opportunities. Bring a camera to capture those perfect moments. Remember to tag #KOAcamping!
- Bring snacks: Sharing a snack around the campfire or in a cabin makes a trip more memorable. Bring your favorite shareable snacks to keep those winter cravings satisfied.
- Winterize your RV: RV camping can be an excellent lodging option during the winter. Our RV Sites offer various options to make your winter escape great. Before starting your trip, check your insulation, plumbing, engine and RV furnace.
- Shop for groceries: In winter, your body needs more calories to stay warm. Cooking comfort food is a great way to fuel your body. Plan what food to make in the cabin kitchen or on the charcoal/gas grill. For fresh meat and produce, visit Virginia Beach's Shore Drive Farmer Market.
Enjoying Camping and Glamping in Virginia Beach
There are various camping and glamping lodging options at Virginia Beach KOA Holiday. Glamping combines “glamorous” and “camping,” allowing guests to enjoy everything that makes camping fun — with all the luxuries that create a comfortable winter vacation.
Deluxe Cabins offer full bathrooms, cable with over 20 channels, Wi-Fi and linens. Most also have partial kitchens, giving you just that extra bit of luxury. They are perfect for a Valentine's Day escape, a romantic trip or a cozy family stay.
The Tent Sites and RV Sites are spacious with convenient amenities, so you can create your own glamorous camping experience.
Unleash the Fun With Your Furry Friends
Virginia Beach is teeming with hiking trails, public beaches, boardwalks, and other areas that are fully accessible to dogs during winter.
Our campground is also pet-friendly. A KampK9® Dog Park offers your dog an excellent opportunity to run, explore and have fun all year round on-site.
Winter Activities in Virginia Beach
There is no shortage of activities and fun things to do in Virginia in the winter:
- Campground recreation: Play outdoor ping pong, volleyball, and ladder toss, or socialize around a communal bonfire with hot chocolate and marshmallow toasting.
- Local attractions: The area has various hiking and biking trails, beaches and boardwalks.
- Wildlife adventures: Book a whale-watching winter tour, visit the famous Aquarium & the Marine Science Center or check out the Winter Wildlife Festival.
- Events: Check out the Virginia Beach Convention Center for upcoming events and festivals. There is always something brewing in the area.
Coastal Dining Experiences
Virginia Beach has the best seafood during the winter months. The area is brimming with craft breweries and wineries, allowing for the ultimate culinary adventures at Chesapeake Bay. Must-try food on the coast includes Lynnhaven Oysters, she-crab soup and softshell crab.
Book Your Stay and Plan Your Ultimate Winter Getaway in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach KOA Holiday is the ideal place for a winter getaway. The campground offers everything you need for a romantic winter trip or family vacation — and many adventures and activities await within walking and driving distance.
Call 800-532-4150 or book your reservation online today!