San Diego Campground, California Camping at its Best
Camping in San Diego, CA
Wake up to the smell of the ocean air and go to bed beneath the clear night skies filled with bright stars at one of the best campgrounds in San Diego, California. San Diego Metro KOA Resort is the ideal vacation destination if you're looking for a relaxing getaway with ample opportunities for excitement in Southern California. We operate year-round and want to help you have the time of your life, whether you're visiting us for a couple of days in the summer or staying with us for a month in the winter.
Make your San Diego camping reservation today!
Things to Do While Staying at San Diego KOA
If you've been searching for an exciting camping adventure in San Diego, you've come to the right place. Our San Diego campground is just 15 minutes from Downtown San Diego, offering countless opportunities to explore a lively city.
Take your children to the famous San Diego Zoo and discover hundreds of animals in realistic habitats. Once you're done there, head to Legoland to let your children's imagination run wild while they participate in many interactive activities. Make sure to leave time for Seaport Village and Old Town State Park to check out the fantastic restaurants and exciting shops!
You'll always have something to do at our Chula Vista campground. Our full-time Activities Director works hard to keep the good times rolling with recreation opportunities like fun themed weekends, jam-packed activity packages and game areas to challenge your family and friends. When you're ready to relax, take a load off by our pool or hot tub, grab a drink at the Sand Castle Café and get ready for a fun night in The Backyard watching your favorite movies beneath the stars.
The Ultimate Campgrounds in San Diego, California
San Diego Metro KOA is known and loved for its many amenities. Everything is designed to ensure your family and friends create only the best memories. You can find:
- Pool: What is a holiday without some pool time? Our pool is open all year round and is the perfect place for swimming or enjoying a good book poolside.
- Jumping Pillow: Let your kids or grandkids bounce out all their energy with the 3,500 square foot Jumping Pillows. Two Jumping Pillows are available for different age groups.
- Hot tub and sauna: Unwind and soak in the hot tub or relax and re-energize yourself in the sauna.
- Sand Castle Café: Enjoy a delicious meal while the kids build sand castles on the boardwalk. The café serves farm-to-table style dining — a must-visit when staying at our campground.
- Bike rentals: Rent a bike and cycle through the grounds, taking in the beautiful outdoor surroundings. The fun bikes include 2-6 person Surrey Bikes, 4-wheel Peddle Carts and 3-wheel Fun Cycles.
- Playground: The playground is one of the best spots for junior campers! Your kids can play for hours with big slides and fun and great climbing opportunities.
- Climbing wall: Ready to rock? The climbing wall is open during set times, allowing youngsters to make their way up a steep artificial rock with harnesses.
- Themed fun: We have a full-time activities director, ensuring plenty of planned fun and themed activities for the whole family to enjoy.
- Ping-Pong: Paddle, bat and smash your way to becoming the family champion with the Ping-Pong in the park.
- Basketball: Shoot hoops and showcase your skills at our basketball facilities, a family favorite!
Campground Amenities That Campers Love
The KOA Campground offers hours of family fun. You do not have to leave the premises to have the best holiday in the San Diego area. Other amenities that campers love include:
- Wi-Fi: If you want to post pictures on social media or have the kids watch their favorite show, Wi-Fi facilities are available at the campground.
- Cable TV: After a full day of fun, you may appreciate cable access.
- Propane: Forgot your propane or need to top off your tank? No, problem! Propane is available to buy on-site.
- Firewood: No need to bring along wood — firewood is available for sale on-site.
- KampK9®: If your friendly canines need to stretch their legs, KampK9 is the place to be. In this park, dogs can run free.
Ways to Stay — Camping and Glamping, San Diego
When you're thinking about making your San Diego camping reservation with us, you'll be blown away by the camping options we provide. For a traditional camping experience, we offer Tent Sites with hookups and cozy Camping Cabins, offering the essentials to spend your days exploring the great outdoors.
Our San Diego campground also offers luxurious ways to stay, like our Deluxe Cabin options, which will provide your family with partial kitchens, showers and bathrooms — all the comforts of home. For something even more extravagant, book a few nights in our Australian-themed canvas Glamping Tent, offering a unique camping experience close to the San Diego Bay.
Enjoying a road trip by camper? Park your vehicle at our Chula Vista RV resort in Pull-Thru and Back-In RV Sites, taking advantage of our full-hookup, KOA Patio® and 50-max-amp options. Plus, many of our sites are pet friendly, making it convenient to bring your furry friend along on your camping adventure.
Reserve Your San Diego Bay Camping Getaway Today
Our San Diego campground has everything you need to make memories filled with breathtaking views, thrilling activities and endless laughter. Check our availability and reserve your site at San Diego Metro KOA today!