POOL IS CLOSED FOR THE 2020 SEASON.
Kamping and COVID-19 Guidelines
At Kampgrounds of America, our mission is connecting people to the outdoors and to each other.
During these rapidly evolving times, connecting people to each other takes on new meaning. It revolves around the responsibility we have for the health of our employees, our campground owners, and you, our guest.
Kankakee South KOA is encouraging a safe outdoor experience to combat and prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. In support of that initiative, our campground will offer:
· Contactless check-in.
· Campsite delivery of propane, firewood, ice, and other store items by texting your campsite number and needs to (815) 939-4603.
Payment will be allowed by credit card or charged to your site and settled at check-out.
· Staff trained and exhibiting safe and social distancing practices to include the wearing of masks and gloves.
· Frequent sanitization of open common areas.
For those visiting us, until further notice, Kankakee South KOA will enforce the following rules and restrictions for the use of its private park during the COVID-19 epidemic. These parameters are being put in place to ensure the health and safety of our staff and our welcomed campers.
1. All camping is currently by reservation only. Sites available are currently limited to full hook-up sites, Cabins, and limited tent sites. Campers will be spaced at a greater distance than that recommended by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and Illinois Department of Public Health.
2. Campers with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should stay or go home and not engage in any outdoor activity. Symptoms include the following:
a. Fever of 100.4 or more
c. Shortness of Breath
d. Body Aches and Muscle Pain
e. Sore Throat
f. Loss of Taste and/or Smell
h. Nausea and Vomiting
j. Skin Rashes
Immediately notify the KOA office via phone or text if someone within your campsite is exhibiting symptoms during your stay and you will need to vacate your site earlier than anticipated.
4. Campers are to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times from others, except for members of the same household.
Campers are to wear masks when social distancing cannot be assured or when in a common area with other campers.
Campers are to wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
Campers should avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Groups (not of the same household) will be limited to 10 individuals in a campsite while practicing social distancing and/or wearing masks.
1. The following common areas will remain closed until further notice:
2. There is limited camping available for tent camping and for RV’s without their own self-contained bathroom facilities.
3. Laundry is available to guests. (Please notify office once completed, so we may sanitize for the next guest.)
4. Pet park use is limited to one family occupant at a time.
5. Large group social gatherings of more than 10 non-household members are prohibited.
The Kankakee South KOA owners and staff are diligently monitoring the situation around the clock and are actively working to ensure our campground takes all recommended precautions to ensure safe and healthy stays for all our campers.
We will continue to monitor the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health agencies for developments and guidance and when warranted, the above rules and restrictions will be changed and/or removed.
From Exit 308, I-57 and US 45-52: Go 3 miles south, then 1/2 mile east on East 6000 South Road.Get Google Directions