We are Hiring Workkampers for the 2024 Season
Because we hire character and train skill, our guests are once again raving about our amazing team members! Here are a few excerpts from our recent guest reviews...
-"Staff is very friendly and they keep the park clean!"
-"The staff at this KOA are above friendly, helpful and all around kind people. If we need anything at this campground, they are right there and smiling to help us."
-"The staff was incredibly friendly, helpful, and approachable."
-"The staff was very friendly and helpful. Great amenities and activities, especially for children. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained."
- Consider yourself as an individual of character, fitting the expectation our guests have of our amazing team and campground;
- Are an engaged listener and effective communicator to a diverse guest demographic;
- Are self-motivated and take initiative to do a task;
- Have a flexible mindset and able to work AM/PM Shifts (open 8am-9pm during peak season;
- Are willing to jump in where there is a need;
- Have an eye for detail;
- Have a positive team player attitude and the gift of hospitality;
And would enjoy...
- Providing exceptional guest service in person and on the phone
- Cross training in all positions which includes: Front Desk, Café, Activities, Housekeeping, Grounds/Delivery and Night Security (Note: Physical requirements may be necessary);
- Multi-tasking in what is at times a fast-paced environment;
- Familiarizing yourself and promoting local attractions, KOA Rewards & Promotions and selling site types that will best meet our guests' needs - Taking pride in helping keep our facilities and grounds immaculate;
Then you may be interested in learning that we offer...
- A full hook up site in exchange for the first 10 hours of work performed each week. This is an actual guest site for your enjoyment, not one in an otherwise undesirable location in our park;
- 32- 40 hours per week per person during peak season (hours will vary in spring/fall shoulder seasons);
- Competitive hourly pay starting at $12/hour for hours above site costs, season-end bonus eligibility and coordinated tip income available;
- FREE laundry;
- 20% employee discount on propane and all other general store/café purchases;
- At least two consecutive days off per week so you can personally enjoy the area/or travel.
Located in beautiful southwest Michigan, our family-owned & operated, nationally recognized campground is the closest KOA to the fresh water ocean of Lake Michigan. As a top destination for tourists, we are just minutes away from several world-class beaches in the St Joseph and South Haven areas as well as many farms, orchards, wineries & micro-breweries. Our campground offers a wooded setting with mature trees throughout the park provides shade on hot summer days, and our family friendly atmosphere and team-approach makes us the place to be! We are also a proud supporter of Care Camps and being part of our team gives you a chance to bring hope, healing and the joy of camping to kids with cancer.
How to Apply
To apply to be a part of the Coloma/St Joseph KOA team, send your resume and a 2-minute (or less) video telling us a bit about yourself and why you're interested in this job to [email protected] . We will reach out to potential candidates to start the interview process. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!!!