Local Area Attractions Near Carrollton KOA Holiday
Carrollton, Ohio, is a great place to visit. You can enjoy small-town charm, beautiful outdoor scenes and plenty to do in the local area. Come sightseeing in Carroll County, Ohio and explore all the things to do in Carrollton, Ohio, next time you plan a vacation!
Why You Should Visit Carrollton, Ohio
Carrollton, Ohio, was named for Charles Carroll, the last surviving signer of the Declaration of Independence. Today, Carroll County still celebrates American history with memorials and museums. The town also offers family-owned businesses, exciting Carrollton, Ohio, attractions and a peaceful atmosphere in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains where you can relax. Here are some reasons to visit Carrollton:
- Peaceful Vacation Spot - Carrollton is a great place to get away from it all and enjoy nature with scenic roads, stargazing and more. Drive through the foothills of the Appalachian mountains and fish, hunt, hike and bike outdoors. The Valley Run Wildlife Area is a beautiful wooded spot, perfect for exploring outdoors and hunting. If you like golfing, the Carroll Meadows Golf Course offers 18 holes of premium watered fairways and greens. There are so many beautiful places and things in Carrollton to help you enjoy your next vacation.
- Beautiful Lakes - Enjoy some of the best fishing in Ohio at Leesville Lake and Atwood Lake in Carroll County. You can fish off the dock or bring a boat, and you can swim at these local lakes.
- Historic Sites - If you are looking for things to do in Carrollton, Ohio, consider visiting some local historical sites, like Algonquin Mill. The Algonquin Mill Complex is less than a 20-minute drive from our family campground and consists of the mill, a one-room school, the mill barn, the farmhouse and more! Come check it out when you're in town, or plan to visit during the annual Algonquin Mill Festival for the full effect! Additionally, the McCook House, the home of the “Fighting McCooks” of the Civil War, is a local Civil War Museum. The McCook House is open Memorial Day through the 2nd weekend of October. You can also visit Ashton House Museum and the Ashton 5¢ and 10¢ store.
- Local Food and Festivals - Carroll County has restaurants, orchards and vineyards where you can enjoy the best of the area's food and drinks. Some locations also host festivals to celebrate changing seasons with music, food, historical demonstrations and more.
- Nearby Attractions - Enjoy a short drive to other cities, like Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Canton and Amish Country. If you are looking for a quiet place to stay that still offers proximity to exciting day trip destinations, Carrollton is a great choice.
Book Your Reservation Today!
Carrollton, Ohio, is a delightful vacation spot offering both proximity to busy cities and a secluded, quiet space to unwind. You can enjoy nature with beautiful views, hunting, hiking and more near our campground. When staying at Carrollton KOA Holiday, Ohio, you never have to wonder "What are the best places to go or what are the things to do near me?" We have highlighted some of the best things to do near Carrollton, Ohio below! You can also venture out to surrounding cities to visit local attractions. If you are looking for a campground conveniently located near all the hotspots in eastern Ohio, consider Carrollton KOA Holiday. Our campground offers 80 dedicated seasonal sites with lodging and [url=https://koa.com/c
A locally owned flower shop, they do fresh and silk arrangements for all occasions. They also do candy and balloon bouquets. Coblentz Chocolates and other gift items are available. Hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Pro Football Hall of Fame
The Pro Football Hall of Fame is a world-renowned museum that represents its sport in many colorful and entertaining ways. The Hall of Fame continually enhances its exhibits and displays to provide guests with an immersive and experiential visit to “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!”
Bud's Farm Toys
For children's toys and adult collectibles, Bud's Farm Toys is the place to shop. Quality die-cast tractors and implements, trucks and construction toys are available, as well as Radio Flyer trikes, bikes and wagons and Breyer horses and accessories. Hours are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Carrollton, OH 44615
75 W. Main St.
Carrollton, OH 44615
Atwood Dock Marina and Grill
Located at the East Marina, the restaurant and bar overlooks Atwood Lake. Its menu includes flatbread pizzas, sandwiches, seafood tacos, appetizers and salads. Its featured burger is the "Dam Buster."
Schoenbrunn Village is the site of several Ohio firsts—settlement, church, schoolhouse and code of laws. The village, restored to appear as it did more than two centuries ago, includes the original cemetery and 16 reconstructed log structures, as well as the church and gardens. A visitor center with museum and introductory video will help orient you so that you can experience the village as if you were in the past. Average visit time: Allow 1+ hours
Local Area Recreation Near Carrollton KOA Holiday
This is one of the nicest antique shops available in Carrollton and the surrounding area. The antiques are displayed so very well and are organized and appealing.
9 South Lisbon Street
Carrollton, OH 44615