What You Need to Know About Fishing in Carrollton, OH
If you are gearing up for a fishing trip near Carrollton, Ohio, there are some things you will need to know before you head out on the water.
Consider the following fishing tips and rules to make the most of your time in Carrollton, Ohio.
Whether you live in Ohio or are visiting from out of state, you can legally fish year-round in Ohio waters, provided you have an active fishing license. Licenses are required for all individuals over the age of 16 and vary in duration.
While fishing in Carrollton, you must have your license in your possession and are required to show it upon request. You can purchase licenses online at the Division of Wildlife website or from a permitted sales agent. However, there are a few exemptions for license requirements:
- People fishing in privately owned bodies of water where fish do not migrate
- Individuals assisting an angler with a free mobility impaired or blind fishing license
- Armed Forces members on active duty who are on leave or on furlough
The Division of Wildlife in Ohio sets statewide daily bag limits and minimum size requirements for certain types of fish. Although, many locations, like Lake Erie, have their own regulations. Be sure to read up on local guidelines so that you know what you can remove and what you can't.
Some of these regulations include:
- All species of trout have a daily limit of five, either singly or in combination.
- Blue and flathead catfish must be at least 35 inches long and have a daily limit of one.
- Yellow perch has a daily limit of 30.
- Largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass should be 12 inches long or longer, and you can only catch five daily.
Popular Fishing Spots Near Carrollton, OH
Carrollton is home to some of the best places to fish in Ohio, offering endless opportunities to catch that trophy fish you have been dreaming about. If you are planning a trip, Carrollton KOA Holiday is ideal for a fish-filled getaway.
We have two ponds on our campground where you and your family can enjoy casting your lines for species like catfish, bass and bullheads. You can also explore the area and try your hand at some of the local lakes and fishing areas, including:
- Atwood Lake
- Leesville Lake
- Deer Creek Reservoir
- Tabor Lake
- Lake Mohawk
- McGuire Creek
Book Your Stay at Carrollton KOA Holiday
Whether you want to go fishing at Atwood Lake or test the waters at our campground, Carrollton is a fantastic location for your next fishing adventure. We will put you within driving distance of some of the best fishing waters near Carrollton, ensuring you return to camp with a bag full of fish.
Make a reservation for your next fishing vacation today!