Top 6 Things to Do in Carrollton, OH, in the Fall
You will love visiting Carrollton in the autumn. This quiet town is surrounded by gorgeous trees cloaking the area in golden, red and orange hues. You can also find many fall activities nearby to make your visit more fun. Here are some ideas for what to do during fall in Carrollton, Ohio, and a packing guide to assist with planning.
Fall Festivals and Activities You Will Love
Fall offers the perfect opportunity to head out into small towns to take in the beauty of nature. This season is ideal for seeing changing leaves, enjoying outdoor recreation and savoring local produce. Here are some fall things to do in Carrollton, Ohio:
- Attend a fall festival: Every year, the Carroll County Historical Society hosts an autumn celebration at Algonquin Mill. The event includes historical demonstrations, booths with homemade wares, pony rides, face painting and other exciting attractions.
- Go for a scenic drive: Ohio Amish country creates the perfect backdrop for a fall drive with uninterrupted views of changing leaves. Take a drive on one of the area's beautiful byways.
- Visit a farmers' market: Visit the Carrollton Farmers' Market any Saturday through October for local foods, flowers, apple cider and homemade crafts.
- Take a hike: Venture among the changing trees by visiting a local nature area and hiking the trails. You'll love the up-close look at the gorgeous colors.
- Do some wine tasting: The areas surrounding Carrollton have several incredible wineries to check out. Get cozy indoors and find your new favorite flavors.
- Go apple picking: Breathe the crisp fall air and grab some fresh fruit to snack on during your trip. Several orchards in the area offer fruits, vegetables and markets with delicious baked goods.
How to Prepare for a Fall Visit to Carrollton, OH
Planning for the trip can make your vacation more comfortable and fun if you are going to camp during the fall. Fall in Ohio often brings chillier weather with higher chances of rain and earlier sunsets. With a packing list prepared, you'll be ready to experience all the things to do in the fall in Carrollton, Ohio. Here are a few things to pack in preparation for a fall camping trip:
- Warm clothes and layers
- Rain jacket
- Extra shoes
- Quality sleeping bag
- Thick blankets
- Plastic bags
- Lantern or flashlights
- First aid kit
Experience the Best of Fall in Carrollton, OH
Now that you know all the best things to do in the fall near Carrollton, Ohio, you just need a place to stay. Reserve a site at Carrollton KOA Holiday. This campground offers a beautiful, quiet area with amenities and activities included on-site.