North American Camping Report
Check this out:
KEY FINDINGS OF THE 2019 NORTH AMERICAN CAMPING REPORT INCLUDE:
- Since 2014, there has been an addition of an estimated 7 million new camper households in the U.S., and the percentage of campers who camp three or more times annually has increased by 72 percent.
- Half of all campers identified their “love of the outdoors” for sparking their interest in camping.
- Although young, both millennials and Gen Xers are more likely to identify themselves as lifelong campers when compared to past years.
- While hiking/backpacking and fishing continue to be the most popular recreation activities among campers, more active recreation continues to grow in popularity.
- For the first time in the report’s history, in 2018 the percentage of new campers from multicultural groups outpaced the percentage of new caucasian campers.
- Interest in different types of experiences, including the establishment of “glamping” and “van life,” has helped to further define camping today.
- In 2018, RV ownership has increased over borrowing or renting.