Zesty Chicken Packets
A great camping main dish recipe from the experts at KOA.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 c Italian salad dressing
- 1 package frozen, mixed vegetables
- 1/2 c thinly sliced yellow onions
- 1/2 c drained, chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatos
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 4 ounces goat cheese or feta, crumbled
Heat grill to medium heat. Tear off 4 sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil to measure about 12 by 15-inches. Fold in half, and then unfold to create the start of your foil packets. Combine the Italian salad dressing, sun-dried tomatoes, onions and basil in a small bowl. Coat each chicken breast in the dressing mixture and place one chicken breast on half of each of the four foil sheets. Divide the vegetables among the 4 foil sheets, placing it over the chicken. Spoon the remaining dressing mixture over the packets and sprinkle with the crumbled cheese.
One at a time, fold the top of the foil over the chicken, then work to seal the edges by folding them over, with each fold overlapping the previous one. Place on the grill, and cook for about 12 minutes. Remove from the grill and cut each packet open to serve immediately.