Sausage, Rice, & Beans
- 1/2 pound(s) smoked, low-fat turkey sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 16 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 14.5 oz. can roasted garlic diced tomatoes
- 5 oz. package saffron rice mix, prepared according to label
Cut the sausage into slices and saute it in a hot nonstick skillet with the onion and green pepper. After 2-3 minutes when the sausage is browned, add the beans, tomatoes and rice. Cook and stir until everything is heated through.