Local Area Attractions
Shopping for fun and Antiques
The greater Visalia area is a shopper's paradise. From Flea Markets to Farmers Markets and dozens of antiques stores here and in the Three Rivers area, you are sure to find something you can take home. Plus a large, enclosed shopping mall to spend your time walking around or watching a movie. We'd love to give you the details.
There are several courses that are near the campground for the beginner or the experienced golfer. Valley Oaks is less than 3 miles away. Sierra View is approximately 5 miles from here. And there are others. Green fees and other information are available at the campground office.
The greater Visalia area has something for just about anyone: three lakes - Kaweah, Success and Shaver are all within an hour's drive. There's the Chinese Cultural Center displaying a rich culture going back to gold rush days. For an inexpensive day or evening of baseball with a minor league team, The Visalia Rawhides play during the summer right here at Recreation Park.
Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks
A number of activities await you in this beautiful park. See the Local Area Attractions for web sites or phone ahead for more information.
- Bus tours are available - plan in advance
- Biking - most all roads and some trails. Check with rangers.
- Horseback riding-by the hour; country spot trips & guides
- Fishing in season
- Pets welcome on a leash in most areas
- Cave tours-Crystal Cave is one of over 200 caves in the park
- Hiking-dozens of trails await you exploration
Spend your day taking in sights or shopping. Have a picnic or visit history.
- Chinese Cultural Center - Central California is rich with Chinese history.
- Mooney Grove Park-a museum, playground, lagoon with boat rentals
- The Sequoia Mall-shop to your content or enjoy a movie at the theaters
- Moore's Miniature Rose Garden-for the flower enthusiast you'll love this
- Adventure Park-for the young at heart www.adventurepark.com
- Horizon Outlet Center in Tulare (10 miles away)
Three Rivers Area
Stroll antique shops, visit the local art gallery or spend a lot of time either on your way to or back from Sequoia / Kings Canyon Parks at the Reimers Candies, Gifts and Ice Cream Shop-a truly unique experience.
Maybe you are feeling lucky and you want to spend the day playing the slots, poker or other gaming. Eagle Mountain Casino is in Porterville. The Palace Gaming Center is in Lemoore. Both are approximately a half hour away.
Tulare County Museum
Tulare County Museum, Mooney Grove Park
27000 S. Mooney Blvd. Visalia, CA (559)733-6616
Hours of Operation: Thursday-Monday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays
20 miles East of Visalia.
Boating, fishing, swimming, water-skiing, picnicking and camping are favorite lake activities. A boat launch area is located at Lemon hill. The marina rents patio boats, fishing boats and wave runners at daily, half-day and hourly rates. Fishing tackle, bait, snacks, ice and gas are also available at the marina convenience store.
Kaweah Oaks Preserve
The oaks preserve is located 7 miles east of downtown Visalia, California