JOIN US FOR A SUMMER OF FUN ACTIVITIES AND THEME WEEKENDS!
- Enjoy our heated pool (open May 1-Sept. 30) or Hot Tub (open year round)
- Work out in the fitness center
- Play a game of mini-golf, or join us for a Nacho Ordinary Mini Golf Tournament
- Participate in our planned activities--scavenger hunts, crafttime, bingo, water wars, site decorating contests and
- whatever else we happen to conjure up!
- Don't miss the BBQs, breakfasts, dessert socials, tailgate parties, campground potlucks, happy hours and our
- chocolate fountain socials
- Meet us at the group campfire for a Smores Party
- We have the facilities and provide equipment for horseshoes, hillbilly horseshoes, croquette, lawn bocce, bean bag toss, tic-tac-toe, basketball and volleyball
- There's air hockey and other video games in the arcade
- Watch our Campground News for a listing of our theme weekends, all with special planned activities--Come
- Camp and Share with Us, Death by Chocolate,.Skygazing, Hot Air Balloon Festival, Halloween Fall Festival, Christmas in the Valley and this year's Passport to a Summer of Fun with our eight different International Weekends of fun, facts, activities and foods of Belgium, Italy, France, Ireland, USA, Mexico, China and Germany.
OR, just relax in the shade of your campsite or one of our park areas, and enjoy incredible views of the Rocky Mountains. Located in the Greenhorn Mountain Valley, the campground is a great place to escape the big city surroundings to a quiet mountain atmosphere. Spring, summer and fall days are warm to hot, but evenings are always cool and enjoyable. Don't miss our gorgeous evening sunsets and nightly light shows with a 360 degree view of the stars.
We welcome groups and reunions, and offer the use of our covered pavilion or indoor social room to hold your own activities.
BBQs, DINNERS AND CAMPGROUND POT LUCKS (May through October)
On weekends and during special events, dinners/BBQs are served at either our outdoor pavilion or indoor social room. Join us and enjoy your choice of hamburgers, cheeseburgers, salmon burgers, hot dogs, polish sausage, BBQ pulled pork, grilled chicken sandwiches, grilled chicken salad, New York steak sandwiches and our famous Colorado City KOA Slopper! Specials of the day may include grilled pork steak, BBQ country style ribs, grilled chicken breast dinner, 12 oz. New York steak dinner, lasagna or pasta with meatballs and sausage, fried chicken, and pork roast with egg noodles. When we aren't serving food, bring a dish and join us for our campground pot lucks!!!
DESSERT SOCIALS (May through mid-October)
Join us at the Pavilion or Social Hall for our evening Dessert Socials. Enjoy freshly baked fruit pies, cream pies, cakes, ice cream sundaes and A&W Rootbeer floats, while you socialize with your fellow campers!
CONTINENTAL & SERVED BREAKFASTS (May through mid-October)
Items for a Make-Your-Own Continental Breakfasts are always available in the campground office at the Coffee Bar--regular and flavored coffees, cappuccino, cocoa, tea, juice, muffins, pastries, fruit, and on some mornings we have freshly baked pastries! On weekends and holidays, you can enjoy our cooked just for you pancakes, Belgian waffles, French Toast or biscuits and gravy all served with bacon or sausage, tropical fruit, assorted juices and hot coffee. New this year, Create Your Own Omelet with hash browns and toast.
NACHO ORDINARY MINI GOLF TOURNAMENT
Don't miss your chance to enter this tournament! It's definitely Nacho Ordinary Mini Golf tournament as you will see as you swing your way through the 18 hole course. Our tournaments are not professional by any means-we only host them for the fun of our campers and local people. There is always a prize waiting for the winner, and our famous "you stink" award is presented to the person who does not play so well! And, of course, Nachos for everyone, win or lose!
Check our Campground News for a current listing of the theme weekends. Special events are always planned for our holiday and theme weekends--Come Camp and Share with Us, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Stargazing with high powered telescopes, 4th of July, Halloween Festival Weekend, Father's Day Weekend, Grandparents week, Square Dance weekend, the Hot Air Balloon and Customer Appreciation Weekend. This year we will have our first Passport to a Summer of Fun International Weekends--eight weekends of fun, facts, activities and foods of Belgium, Italy, France, Ireland, USA, Mexico, China and Germany.
Did you know that french fries originated in Belgium? Did you know that France is famous for over 500 different kinds of cheese? Did you know that ice cream was invented in China around 2000 BC? Did you know that the cheeseburger was invented in Denver, Colorado in 1935? Join us this summer for other interesting facts about the countries we will explore!
CHRISTMAS IN THE VALLEY WITH SANTA (December)
Christmas spirit happens when you camp in the middle of our five-acre Christmas display. 60 characters and 75,000 lights will set the season aglow. The Christmas gift shop is open, so stop in browse, and enjoy a cup of Hot Chocolate or Wassail and Cookies! If you happen to be here the second weekend in December (This year, December 14, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.), stop by our Annual Christmas Shopping Mart where local crafters and vendors will help you finish up your Christmas shopping. Visit and have your picture taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus, watch Santa perform magic, take a ride in Santa's horse and buggy, enjoy lunch at the Lion's Club Chuckwagon, and register for the gifts provided by each of our vendors.