(817) 530-6000 Six Flags Over Texas has defined family fun and Texas-sized thrills for over four decades and continues this strong tradition by soaring to new heights! From giant-sized coasters, to family-friendly rides and Broadway-style shows, guests of all ages can enjoy a larger-than-life entertainment experience that is distinctly and unforgettably Texas.
(817) 273-5100 The home of the 2010 American League Champion Texas Rangers Baseball Club has been called the best baseball facility in the Major Leagues. The ballpark is an attraction in itself and includes the Legends of the Game Baseball Museum and Children's Learning Center, a 17,000 sq. ft. facility that is the only one of its kind in professional sports. The Ameriquest Field also includes the Dr. Pepper Youth Ballpark, Grand Slam Gift Shop, and the Diamond Club - some of the most exciting Arlington attractions!. There are a large number of party and reception facilities available for rental in both the ballpark and museum, and tours of the complex are given daily. For more information and admission fees, call (817) 273-5099. For information on the Dr. Pepper Youth Ballpark, call (817) 273-5269.
(817) 273-5600 This 17,000 sq. ft. baseball museum features baseball uniforms, balls, equipment, playing cards and photographs depicting the history of the sport. The Children's Learning Center features interactive exhibits on baseball and how the sport is related to fields such as science, math, history, geography and communications. Field trips, tours of Ameriquest Field in Arlington, birthday parties, sleep overs and summer programs, are available. The museum and a 225 seat auditorium are available for rental. Contact (817) 273-5842.
Opened in the spring of 2011 in Grapevine, TX, Legoland of Grapevine is only a short 20 minutes from Dallas Arlington KOA. Step inside the Legoland Discovery Center and, as they say in their neat webpage, "You'll think you just jumped into the world's biggest box of Legos." A visit to Legoland is the perfect place for Mom and Dad to entertain the kids for hours. You can visit the Lego Factory, 4D Cinema, Kingdom Quest, Merlin's Apprentice, Miniland, Lego races, Duplo village, Princess Parlor and the Lego City Play Zone. An on premise cafe, celebration rooms and Lego Shop are also available. Online ticket specials are available. Website: www.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/dallasfw/en/index.htm
The Grapevine Sea Life Aquarium is only a 20 minute drive from Dallas Arlington KOA. The aquarium has a 360° ocean tunnel, a shark walk (for the brave), 30 display tanks and more than 5,000 sea creatures. The residents include everything from giant green sea turtles, jellyfish and clownfish to eels, stingrays and sharks. Guests can participate in an interactive rockpool experience, have fun in the submarine play zone or learn about the great variety of sea life while listening to presentations and watching caretaking activities. For a full day of family indoor fun, the Grapevine Sea Life Aquarium and its neighbor, the Legoland Discovery Center, offer combination tickets. For more information and ticket purchases please go online to www.sealifeus.com.
(817) 265-3356 Six Flags Hurricane Harbor , the largest and most complete water park in the Southwest, is celebrating more than twenty years of fun in the sun! Packed with unique, water-oriented attractions like Hook's Lagoon which features three lagoons, a Pirate ship and 150 interactive aquatic features on 12 different levels. There is no way you can stay dry! Guests can also body board on Surf Rider located at Boogie Beach, catch a thrill on Sea Wolf-the tallest, fastest ride of its kind-or soak up the rays floating on the world's first Lazy River. With 3,000,000 gallons of water and 26 more slides, rides and pools to explore, Hurricane Harbor promises to keep you cool in the hot Texas sun and show you the best of what Arlington attractions and recreation offers!
(817) 226-4400 1-800-540-5127 Voted Best Live Country Music Show of the Year for years by Country Music Organizations of America, Johnnie High's Country Music Revue offers warm, family-friendly entertainment and the opportunity to hear the stars of tomorrow. Produced since 1975, Johnnie High's has been the launch pad for a number of now famous country singers including LeAnn Rimes and Steve Holy. The live shows feature a cast of 20 singers, dancers and musicians performing with veteran guests and new comers. Weekend performances start at 7:30 p.m. in season.
This 41,000 sq. ft. double attraction offers two worlds of excitement and intrigue. The Palace of Wax features favorite movie stars and historical figures in amazing life-like detail. Special themed exhibits help recreate famous moments in time. Ripley's Believe It or Not! offers an eye-popping assortment of oddities and curiosities collected from around the world by famed cartoonist Robert Ripley. It's a double treat at a single location. Open daily, year round. Call for hours.
The River Legacy Living Science Center offers a wide range of interactive environmental education exhibits, living aquariums and terrariums. Guided nature walks, animal presentations, and special outdoor education programs are scheduled year round. The Center's unique architectural style is a pioneering example of sustainable design.
The Planetarium at University of Texas Arlington brings state-of-the-art stargazing to the Dallas/ Fort Worth metro area. With its 60-foot dome and Digistar 3-D projection system, the Planetarium uses the latest technology to teach stargazers about astronomical wonders. Among the offerings at the Planetarium is Texas Sky Tonight, which focuses on celestial objects currently visible in the night sky.
Here's a Texas-size market place with a little bit of everything, all at bargain prices. Traders Village is open every Saturday and Sunday, 8 am to dusk, with more than 2,500 dealers. Over 2.5 million people visit this market each year. Shopper conveniences include: ATM machine, stroller and wheelchair rental, kiddie rides and arcade games, special events, plus much more.
Roller skate at the largest skating center in Texas, Arlington Skatium! We have a hard-wood, maple floor, video arcade, full concession stand and a large selection of fun and exciting music. Come indulge in Arlington attractions and recreation and check out the ultimate skating experience. The Skatium is located 1.1 miles south of The Parks at Arlington. Rollerblades welcome!
At Putt-Putt Entertainment, their go-karts give you the thrill of the wind in your face as you fly around the race track. Miniature golf on our beautifully landscaped courses with flowing water features. Experience our high tech game rooms with the latest video and ticket games. Practice your batting in our 9 player batting cage by choosing the pitching speed of your baseball or softball. Snack bar includes pizza and snacks along with 16 flavors of ice cream.
Enjoy twenty-four championship lanes with automatic scoring, and bumper bowling on all lanes for the children. Concessions and a full service lounge. They have facilities for parties and group functions available. Enjoy Laser Tron, billiards, Glow Bowling (bowling with black lights, strobe lights, disco ball and music available during specific times), virtual reality and the latest in video games. Open seven days a week.
One of the most popular activities at Jumping Party is their Open Jump time. Open Jump is ideal when your child has a little energy you want to let them burn off or if you simply need a break. Weather is never a factor either. They can play on our bounce houses, obstacle courses, tunnels, crawl-thru mazes, moonwalks and slides. It's good healthy fun and it's good for them too. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times, but there are plenty of things for the adults to do as well including Television/Movie room, FREE High Speed Wi-Fi Internet, and playing on the rides with your children Bring your sack lunch and make a day of it! Group discounts for day cares, churches, schools and play groups are available as well as special scheduling arrangements (before or after normal hours of operation). Be sure to ask us for details.
Arlington's family fun center features a 40-lane bowling center with state-of-the-art equipment. You'll find automatic scoring, bumper bowling for ages 3 to 6 years and video game room. Saturday morning leagues for children of all ages and Saturday afternoon leagues for parents to bowl with children. Restaurant and lounge with billiards. We cater to birthday parties, company parties with great group rates. Leagues are available for anyone from beginner to high averages. We feature Extreme Bowling Monday, Friday, and Saturday nights.
2011 Fall Meeting of Champions for American Quarter Horses is September 16 - November 12, 2011 - Thursdays through Saturdays Gates open at 5:30 p.m.; First Live Race 6:35 p.m. Grandstand gates open at 5 p.m. on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and at 11:30 a.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and Holiday Mondays. Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie is an Arlington, Texas park that promises to provide entertainment and excitement!
For folks who love teddy bears and other stuffed animals, Build-A-Bear offers a chance to make personalized cuddly toys. Choose from over twenty-five types of animals with two hundred outfits - an infinite array of friends. Prices range from $10-25 and private parties are available.
Arlington, TX 76013
Chelsea's Tea Room & Boutique for Children specializes in Princess Dress-Up Tea Parties, Mother-Daughter Tea and Princess Summer Glamour Camps. The Boutique has great clothing, size preemie to 16, with gifts and accessories galore. Open seven days a week. Chelsea's Tea Room is open Monday through Saturday 10:00 to 5:30, Sunday 1:00 to 5:00. A must see for children of all ages and those young at heart.
The Cowboys Stadium, home of the National Football League's Dallas Cowboys, opened in 2009. The domed, retractable roofed, 80,000 seat stadium replaced the Texas Stadium which served as the Cowboys' home through the 2008 season. Stadium tidbits: It is the fourth largest stadium in the NFL by seating capacity. The maximum capacity of the stadium, including standing room, is 110,000. The stadium is the largest domed stadium in the world and has the world's largest column-free interior with the largest high definition video screen. The facility is also used for a variety of other activities other than its main purpose such as concerts, basketball games, college football and high school football contests, soccer matches, motocross races and rodeos similar to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. Guided tours are available daily, except event days, to the see this modern engineering marvel.
Ft. Worth's Stockyards Station is only 15 Minutes from Dallas Arlington KOA. Located in the heart of the National Historic District, Stockyards Station exemplifies Texas by providing an exciting blend of the Old and New West with over 125 acres of history, shopping, dining and fun Texas Style. Once the biggest and busiest cattle, horse, hog and sheep market in the Southwest, today the Historic District attracts over 2 million visitors a year to its many restaurants, saloons, galleries and shops. It also offers family-style entertainment with Historical Tours, Cattle Drives (twice daily, weather permitting), the Stockyard Museum, The Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame, Billy Bobs (the World's Largest Honky Tonk), the Cowtown Coliseum, Stockyard Stables and Pens and much more. There is enough to keep the whole family entertained for days. For more information call 817-625-9715 or go to www.fortworthstockyards.org
The Dallas Arts District is the largest arts district in the nation, spanning 68 acres and 19 contiguous blocks. The district is comprised of museums, performance halls, corporate offices, residences, restaurants, churches and even a school. The Arts District has been a thirty year plan in the making and now boasts buildings by four Prize-winning architects within a span of several blocks. The district's architectural richness extends even further with examples of significant buildings erected as far back as the late 1880's, just 40 years after Dallas' founding. • 2200 Ross Avenue • Dallas, TX 75201 • (214) 744-6642 • www.thedallasartdistrict.org